Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Question for DEVS: Speed or Leisure?

Dunam

Re: Question for DEVS: Speed or Leisure?

Post by Dunam » Thu May 23, 2013 3:21 am

Caiobrz wrote: That!

Also, a tooltip on how to unlock some sources would be nice. I'm still lost on how to get "pear trees" T_T
2 Forest ambassadors on your forest giant. Then go to the forest landscape and create a plant, give it a fruit aspect and upgrade from there (x2).

Or the slightly more micro intensive but much quicker way is to have a single forest ambassador on your forest giant.
Then, create a plant on the landscape, use the fertility boost on that square and then add a fruit (this should now be a potent fruit). Then upgrade it twice (first to apple tree, then to pear tree).

It's one of my favorites so I know it by now ;)

miruki

Post by miruki » Thu May 23, 2013 6:53 pm

I think he knows how to plant them, but they are still locked in his game. ;)

I have no idea what I did to get it (it would really be nice if there was some way to see which developments unlock what source or project.. ;_;) but I could compare my list of unlocked devs to yours and tell you which I have that you haven't unlocked yet. :D

But something I noticed: Most of the time you need to clear a dev unlock from the biome that the plant/animal/mineral you want grows in. So it's probably something forest/plant related (e.g. "Forest City with --- Prosperity", "use only plants & animals", stuff like that probably..)

Caiobrz

Post by Caiobrz » Fri May 24, 2013 1:59 am

miruki wrote:I think he knows how to plant them, but they are still locked in his game. ;)
That ... of course I know how to plant ¬¬ its LOCKED.

Dunam

Post by Dunam » Fri May 24, 2013 5:05 am

Caiobrz wrote:
miruki wrote:I think he knows how to plant them, but they are still locked in his game. ;)
That ... of course I know how to plant ¬¬ its LOCKED.
In that case this page may be helpful:

http://wiki.reusgame.com/index.php?title=Achievements

"Finish an era with a village which has 150 prosperity using only animals and plants"

sirmentlegen

Post by sirmentlegen » Tue May 28, 2013 4:10 am

@the devs i had to use hacks to unlock everything to play my style.

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Tue May 28, 2013 9:59 pm

Hacks! D=

Yes, I'm aware of the issue, and posted a pretty long-ass (I'm talking about the donkey) post on the general forum at the Opinion time thread. If you're interested in my train of thoughts, you could check it there. :)

Basically, I'm still looking for an easier way to make the easy-going player enjoy Reus more without making it feel like a loss for the hardcore. difficult difficult, but I think there is something that would help! I appriciate that people like you are keeping their voice up in a respectful matter to voice the concerns of the easy-going Reus players! :D

Caiobrz

Post by Caiobrz » Wed May 29, 2013 12:39 am

Just add a difficulty option when you start a game: casual, normal, hardcore.

Casual: greed grows a little slower, projects require 20% less resources, everything unlocked, DOES NOT COUNT TOWARD ACHIEVEMENTS

Normal ... bla

Hardcore: greed grows a little faster, projects require 20% more resources, giants have 50% less HP ( >) ), you can even add new hardcore-only achievements

Would solve a lot of things, no?

sirmentlegen

Post by sirmentlegen » Wed May 29, 2013 7:46 am

Adriaan wrote:Hacks! D=

Not just any hacks Über hacks.