Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

I Broke the Army AI with Danger

ChiPsiUp

I Broke the Army AI with Danger

Post by ChiPsiUp » Fri May 24, 2013 9:08 am

So here's what happened. I had one city with lots of war marks, that is constantly starting a fight with its neighbour. I needed the achievement where a single city has over 6 warmarks, so I was unwilling to simply beat them into submission.

I was attempting to control their greed with danger, which worked to some extent. The danger doesn't increase... but they were already at half-greedy, and with all those warmarks they just wanted to go to war constantly. I was at my wits end.

And then... something magical happened. I put down too much danger, and they started to panic, then sending out their army to destroy one of the Great Rattlesnakes with Predator Aspects I had near by. Once they got rid of it, I replaced it, and once again the danger rose so high it threatened the village. The army they were using to remove the danger though was still on the map though. It also happened that in the exact same distance away from the village, I had another patch with dangerous animals.

The army then proceeded to do a weird little dance, unable to decide which patch to attack, they circled back and forth endlessly within the village center. Thus paralyzed by indecision, they gave up on their warring ways and instead patrolled back and forth within their own borders, wary of the dangerous creatures that could strike at any turn.

puke

Re: I Broke the Army AI with Danger

Post by puke » Fri May 24, 2013 7:31 pm

interesting. usually if danger is high enough that they are sending armies out, the village is also losing health due to the danger. They didnt eventually die off?

Or did their prosperity raise to the point that their danger was only level 2 and not level 3? At that point, did the army stay paralyzed or return to town?

ChiPsiUp

Post by ChiPsiUp » Sat May 25, 2013 2:38 am

Well, I had noticed that if the danger peaks while an army was already deployed, the village doesn't start panicking and losing health. Sometimes, anyway. For example, one time the village was at war and had send their army to attack their neighbors. In the meantime, I dropped some more predators in the borders to curb their greed, and accidentally went too much. To my surprise, they in fact did NOT start panicking like I thought they wound. Instead, they didn't lose any health until the army came back from the war, then they proceeded to panic.

Caiobrz

Post by Caiobrz » Sat May 25, 2013 6:21 am

ChiPsiUp wrote:Well, I had noticed that if the danger peaks while an army was already deployed, the village doesn't start panicking and losing health. Sometimes, anyway. For example, one time the village was at war and had send their army to attack their neighbors. In the meantime, I dropped some more predators in the borders to curb their greed, and accidentally went too much. To my surprise, they in fact did NOT start panicking like I thought they wound. Instead, they didn't lose any health until the army came back from the war, then they proceeded to panic.
lol, so basically, they thought: "oh well, we don't even have an army to deal with those monsters, so why panic now? ... pause until army come back ... ok, now we can do something about it, let's PANIC! AAAAAahhhhh ~~~ /o/

xD~

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Sat May 25, 2013 12:46 pm

I think this belongs into technical support ahah, nice glitch you found here !