Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Project priority

coanda

Project priority

Post by coanda » Sat May 25, 2013 2:24 am

Has anyone figured out which projects are more likely (and, even better, how likely they are) for different village / terrain types?

I only ask because I'm trying to generate 4 circuses in my freeplay game; I got one right away on desert, so I figured it must be favored there and quickly made all my towns desert... but now I've destroyed another dozen or so straight bank/blast furnace projects without drawing a second circus.

Dunam

Re: Project priority

Post by Dunam » Sat May 25, 2013 4:37 am

I think it's like this:

Here's a list of what project can be on what biome.

However, it seems to me that a few spawn exclusively on a certain biome, even if you can terraform them into another:

Swamp: Druids (alchemist/mad scientist), Observatory (Laboratory)
Desert: Trade post (market/custom house), Bank (multinational)
Forest: Granary (mill/plantation), Hamlet (castle)

Ocean: Fishing dock (harbor), lighthouse (island town)

Although these can exist on those biomes, I don't think they'll ever spawn:

Swamp: Circus
Forest: Blast furnace
Desert: Apothecary

Which means that you most likely get a 33% chance of blast furnace, bank and circus each for the desert.
I don't know if the distribution is 33%, but I do think those are the only ones that can spawn in a desert village. Any other experience/knowledge is appreciated.

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Sat May 25, 2013 12:43 pm

I believe the first resource that you spawn will lead the project.
I had granary on a swamp (with a fruit as first resource)
temple/shrine on desert (with animals/fruit as first)
And forest had the other 30 tech project which I can not remember the name of (with herb as first)

Dunam

Post by Dunam » Sat May 25, 2013 4:13 pm

This is untrue :) my villagers are always starting projects that require my giants to walk all the way across the world

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Sat May 25, 2013 7:29 pm

I did not understand your post :<

Dunam

Post by Dunam » Sat May 25, 2013 7:42 pm

What I mean is that I'll create a cool desert village with 3 mines and it'll start a shrine, needing food and wealth, getting bonuses from animals. Of course this happens when the ocean giant and swamp giant are on the other side of the world.

Sometimes my forest village with strawberries starts a toolshop, wanting wealth and tech, with bonuses from minerals.

Maybe you've been lucky so far :)

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Sat May 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Oh alright !
It is maybe because I play with the 4 giants at the same place most of the time so I do not really need them to move around the world ahah.

ollj

Post by ollj » Sat May 25, 2013 10:55 pm

Touriste wrote:Oh alright !
It is maybe because I play with the 4 giants at the same place most of the time so I do not really need them to move around the world ahah.
if you keep you giants close like i keep mine. keep casting the ocean giants aurora whenever they are near the same ovean and cast it on the ocean multiple times. its an area of ecffect that speeds up all giants that enter its range.