Do you plan which giants get which ambassadors in advance?

Nephrahim

Do you plan which giants get which ambassadors in advance?

Post by Nephrahim » Sun May 26, 2013 9:17 pm

I've been playing the game for a day or two, and it's a lot of fun. Most of the mechanics have been pretty easy to pick up with a few playthroughs.

The one that I'm still not sure about is the giant's abilities. I recently completed my first 120 min game and realized that with 4 ambassadors giants will not unlock all their level 3 abilities (And some didn't even unlock any level 3 abilities.) which are required for some natural sources.

So I'm wondering, how do you guys handle ambassador distribution? I would normally just give whichever gets me a new ability, but I might want the level 2 and 3 abilities for some sources, so do you guys plan out a giant evolution path before the game even starts?

Touriste

Re: Do you plan which giants get which ambassadors in advanc

Post by Touriste » Sun May 26, 2013 9:21 pm

I like to have every resources to level 2, then I improvise around, depending on the projects.

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Sun May 26, 2013 9:46 pm

Planning ahead becomes quite important when you reach level 3 indeed! You can't have all sources available in one game, so you need to think ahead to create a build. :)

Kalil

Post by Kalil » Sun May 26, 2013 10:33 pm

Nephrahim wrote:I've been playing the game for a day or two, and it's a lot of fun. Most of the mechanics have been pretty easy to pick up with a few playthroughs.

The one that I'm still not sure about is the giant's abilities. I recently completed my first 120 min game and realized that with 4 ambassadors giants will not unlock all their level 3 abilities (And some didn't even unlock any level 3 abilities.) which are required for some natural sources.

So I'm wondering, how do you guys handle ambassador distribution? I would normally just give whichever gets me a new ability, but I might want the level 2 and 3 abilities for some sources, so do you guys plan out a giant evolution path before the game even starts?
The Level 2/3 resources are a Very Big Deal, so at the very least, I ensure that the Rock Giant has a Swamp and Desert as his first two Ambassadors, the Swamp Giant has a Forest and a Swamp, The Forest Giant has at least one Forest, and the Ocean has at least one Swamp.

Dunam

Post by Dunam » Sun May 26, 2013 11:41 pm

Yes, I make a list.

For the oil strat I went:

Rock S S D (D)
Ocean F F F (D)
Swamp F F F (S)
Forest D D S (S)

In this particular run, I was less picky about the last ambassador (Hence the brackets), although I ended up with exactly those.

Strictly speaking, the ocean and swamp would have been more effective if I went F F D F and F F S F, because you'll unlock some abilities sooner, but this particular way allowed me to change the forests to desert/swamp sooner.

I've made about 15 such lists and used about 4 of them. It's a nice refference in game when an ambassador is free who should get it.