Danger

coanda

Danger

Post by coanda » Mon May 27, 2013 4:42 am

Anyone figure out what determines how much danger a village can sustain?

It seems to be nonlinear. I suspect stuff like project completion or terrain types may also be impacting it a little, because it looks sharply nonlinear over a few points. Knowing the exact formula would certainly help when planning out a world.

Kajikami

Re: Danger

Post by Kajikami » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:08 am

It looks to me like army strength is approximately equal to the village's highest resource, and the first break point for danger (between low and medium) is 1/10th army strength. I'm still trying to figure out the village defense rating and the second danger break point.

yatima2975

Re: Danger

Post by yatima2975 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:51 pm

I've figured it out by looking at the code. Let F, W, and T be the food, wealth, and technology in use. I'm going to introduce an intermediary variable called S (after the codename StatStrength, which is used in game). S = 0.75 * (maximum of F, W and T) + 0.25 * (average of F, W and T). So if F, W and T are all equal, S = that value; if two of them are zero, and one is huge (let say F) then S = 0.75 * F + 0.25 * F /3 = 5/6 * F - in a nutshell, S varies between 5/6th and 6/6th of the maximum stat.

The first danger level is at 2 + S/10, the second danger level is at 8 + S/8. So that meshes well with Kajikami's observation, as the value of S ties into the army strength as well (haven't looked into that yet)