Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Danger and Awe not working?

Cuthawolf

Danger and Awe not working?

Post by Cuthawolf » Thu May 30, 2013 1:23 am

I'm having a problem I've never encountered before: The Danger and Awe I normally use to control my cities greed doesn't seem to be working.

Specifically they still seem to be gaining greed despite having both too much Danger to be gaining greed, and having in excess of 60 Awe, which means they should need to be 80 over their resource use, which they weren't.

What I -have- noticed is that this seems to only occur in Cities that suddenly find themselves sharing borders with other cities. Is this a mechanic I hadn't noticed before?

coanda

Re: Danger and Awe not working?

Post by coanda » Thu May 30, 2013 2:39 am

Check and make sure you aren't failing projects. Every time a city fails a project (or you destroy a project), it gives an instant greed spike, regardless of awe and danger. I believe it's 2 greed-faces for a level 1/2, and 4 for a level 3/4 project. If you're over the danger threshold, greed will not rise from surplus resources... but it also won't fall from being at capacity so if you keep failing projects, greed can rise to painful levels.

ollj

Post by ollj » Fri May 31, 2013 3:42 am

Other reasons for getting gredy or angry are (likely more or less):

failing to finish an upgrade.
Being a bigger city than a nearby city.
touching borders with nearby city.
getting the city damaged.

Cuthawolf

Post by Cuthawolf » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:24 am

Thanks very much guys, those were all things I wasn't aware affected my greed levels. I'll have to try much harder to get all my projects completed for sure.