Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

intimidating unlocks...

iplayreus

intimidating unlocks...

Post by iplayreus » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:07 am

anybody find the unlocks intimidating to acheive via normal play? all 67 ...

i'm like god ,it would crazy to actually honestly play through it to get it all. i think the honest way would drive people crazy.

i hacked the game but my even with my abilities which i consider novice degree still took several plays ,trial and error, and time risk investment.

it feel like quite a workout getting all 67 which i did managed to do. but at the same time, not too bad, but i gotta wonder how hard it be actually doing it honest way...

i guess i wouldn't even bother in the first place if the game didn't hold a particular allure. but i do question whether it was worth all the trouble to unlock everything for a $10 game...

Mushi

Re: intimidating unlocks...

Post by Mushi » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:37 am

But you're paying 10$ for so much stuff that you can unlock. And all the unlockables are basically only the start game. Think of it as WoW. levels 1-90 are nothing, and once you hit 90 the real game starts.
Once you get all unlocks and everything the real game starts with trying to get most points ect.

iplayreus

Post by iplayreus » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:48 am

ok i get what ya saying like ,"wow, you get so much sheet for $10". but the hefty price is the time investment, there are game easier to heck and quicker to get success feeling if you know what i getting at.

everybody's feeling of satisfactory and perfection is different, for me now i wanna try to get menagarie and have it look pretty.

sirmentlegen

Post by sirmentlegen » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:08 am

That is why i cheated.

coanda

Post by coanda » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:35 am

I personally didn't find the unlocks at all irritating in normal play. 2 games at 30 minutes, 1 game at 1 hour, 2 games at 2 hours and I had all but 3 of them. That was also about how long it took me to get used to game mechanics and basic patterns of play, so it was kind of the learning-curve portion of picking up the game. After that, I could start really thinking and planning how to play the game in-depth.

iplayreus

Post by iplayreus » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:22 pm

oh crap....just realize you can't add any more ambassdors per giant when you get 4. geez...what the point of being a god if you can't access all you powers and max out their levels?

geez abbey games..thanks for ruining my god fantasy under normal play... have to see if there a hacking way to bypass normal limit...

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:58 pm

iplayreus wrote:oh crap....just realize you can't add any more ambassdors per giant when you get 4. geez...what the point of being a god if you can't access all you powers and max out their levels?

geez abbey games..thanks for ruining my god fantasy under normal play... have to see if there a hacking way to bypass normal limit...
Heya, and welcome!

I understand that there are diffent kinds of people trying to play the game, and some enjoy some stuff more than others. At the moment, the game is the strongest of you want a sense of challenge and exploration of many options and strategy. I recon you are not very interested in the challlenge part that much, and just want to explore all the possibilites in a more free mode.

There are more people who want to do this, and I'm looking to improve the experience for people like you. I'm planning to improve freeplay with more options, and 'cheats' to break the normal rules of the game.

Just understand that there are a lot of people who like the challenge-exploration too. I'm sorry it's not exactly your thing at the moment, just know that I didn't forget about players like you, dismissing it as "ow the game is just not for them". I hope you're still enjoying the game, and thanks for bringing your feedback!

iplayreus

Post by iplayreus » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:11 am

Adriaan wrote: Heya, and welcome!

I understand that there are diffent kinds of people trying to play the game, and some enjoy some stuff more than others. At the moment, the game is the strongest of you want a sense of challenge and exploration of many options and strategy. I recon you are not very interested in the challlenge part that much, and just want to explore all the possibilites in a more free mode.

There are more people who want to do this, and I'm looking to improve the experience for people like you. I'm planning to improve freeplay with more options, and 'cheats' to break the normal rules of the game.

Just understand that there are a lot of people who like the challenge-exploration too. I'm sorry it's not exactly your thing at the moment, just know that I didn't forget about players like you, dismissing it as "ow the game is just not for them". I hope you're still enjoying the game, and thanks for bringing your feedback!

well ,good to know a "rule break" plan is being taken into consideration. well its not all bad , but i was looking for full satisfaction i guess. if this game were easy to hack for novice hacker, i done it myself already... i guess that can't be helped though...

it just wasn't made to be easy to mod like some other games like stardrive for example which designed some xml files to allow easy modding to some elements.

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:56 am

Actually, it will be easier to mod soon too! It's more an XNA issue, so keep your eyes open for updates later. :)

Dunam

Post by Dunam » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:05 pm

Right now people that want to get around it, do it by using a save game from another player. They load just before the end of an era that unlocks a variety of stuff.