Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Challenge Leaderboard [Update]

Mahasuchi

Challenge Leaderboard [Update]

Post by Mahasuchi » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:58 am

This is the board for the first challenge. As I don't intend to restrict anyone from participating, I won't force people to pm me their intention to enter the challenge. However, I do appreciate that you do so anyway so I have a better idea of who's going to participate. Since most of you voted for a bi-weekly challenge, this challenge will last 10 days, with 4 days to compute the results(as needed). Once the challenge complete and the winners are determined, the top 5 will be posted on the board.

The first challenge's theme is warm ecosystems! Here are the rules and conditions for the first challenge, blatantly disregarding them will result in disqualification:

1-Must be a 60 minute era.
2-Must have no forest biomes past the first 20 minutes, but you are allowed two forest ambassadors.
3-You must provide two saves: one at 20 minutes, the other at 55-57 minutes, plus a screenshot of your final score.
4-Anything else not mentioned is permitted.

The deadline is June 13th at the hour of the creation of this thread. Feel free to post your results at any time, but keep in mind that if you post early, you must keep working on the same game file if you want to top your score! I highly recommend having a few backups of your game for this purpose.

If you have questions or comments, feel free to pm me or post in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=818

That said, everyone good luck!

The scores for this challenge are already piling up! Look for them here:

1-Kajikami, 8 Villages, Final Score: 6647
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
Last edited by Mahasuchi on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mahasuchi

Re: Challenge Leaderboard [EDIT]

Post by Mahasuchi » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:33 am

Here's an example post. Not much of a high score, three of my villages were blasted into nothingness. :P
I'm sure you can all do better. Also, I got a bit too focused on the game and saved at 3 minutes before the ending. Anyway, this is what it should look like.
Challenge1Score.png
Challenge 1 20 Minutes.rsf
(50.28 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
Challenge 1 3 Minutes.rsf
(79.3 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

Kajikami

Post by Kajikami » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:39 am

I think I did pretty well. Might have broken 7000 if I hadn't lost a town at ~2 minutes left (Taking me from 9 to 8).

I also accomplished my goal of earning all 12 of the 60 minute challenges from a single game (I used only 6 ambassadors, 2 of each type).

Attachments
5 minutes left.rsf
(87.4 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
20 min mark.rsf
(64.74 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

Mahasuchi

Post by Mahasuchi » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:57 pm

I wished you left some swamp in there, but the rules don't say you can't exclude other biomes other than forest. Amazing how you didn't use any mines or level 3 sources too. Good work! I believe your final score to be what you said it was, but do you have a larger picture? You can just put a link to it if it's easier.

For future challengers, if you would please include your forum nickname in your savegame title to make organizing them easier, I would appreciate very much.
Last edited by Mahasuchi on Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kajikami

Post by Kajikami » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:00 pm

The image in the post is a thumbnail, just click it to link to a bigger picture.

Mahasuchi

Post by Mahasuchi » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Thanks. I was using view image instead. A lot of good that did me. :P