Trouble Getting Acheivement

celestialmoon

Trouble Getting Acheivement

Post by celestialmoon » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:16 am

Hello everyone! I've been playing Reus for a little while now, but i've been stuck on getting the level 3 achievement:

Diverse town: finish a 30-min era with a village with 450 prosperity and no two same natural resources between their borders.

Any hints or suggestions on how to get this achievement would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

yatima2975

Re: Trouble Getting Acheivement

Post by yatima2975 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:38 am

I did this by starting with a forest fishing village and after the Fishing docks popped up, I turned the other side into forests (after raising the ocean up again).

Ambassador-wise, I concentrated on getting the creation aspects of the Rock and Swamp giants up to level two (so D+S for Rock, and a F+D for Swamp) first so that I could get a lot of variety in greater minerals, animals and plants. Finishing 8 projects was doable so I could also get the Ocean and Forest creation abilities up to level two.

If you need even more variety, you could turn the outlying areas into swamp, but make sure to do that as late as possible as that will slow down border expansion even more!

At the end, I had 4 ocean squares with the harbor, a greater clownfish/parrotfish combo and then a bunch of mackerel (can change one of those into seabass to meet the diversity requirement). On the land side it was the village, chicken, marble, elderberry, dandelion, apple tree and then some more stuff (I don't recall exactly...) but if you put animals outside the borders you can still get food/wealth from them.

Rabbit

Re: Trouble Getting Acheivement

Post by Rabbit » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:14 pm

Hey celestial, if you're still having trouble with this achievement, try grabbing a mountain lodge -- one of the projects started by towns next to mountains. Mountain lodges gain +25 gold or food per town you have, making it the most prosperity you can possibly get from one patch so early. if you create 6 towns, that's 1 third of the prosperity you need from just one patch.

Also if you're lucky, the mountain lodge can come with a bonus specialization that doubles the amount of wealth from a neighbouring mineral.

Good luck!