Greed and danger question

kosobi

Greed and danger question

Post by kosobi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:36 pm

Hello, let me tell you i just started playing 2 days ago and i think the game is really cool.

However, the tutorial does not teach about many things...

I dont see how danger prevents the wars, I have tried placing dangerous animals, so ALL 5 of my villages were on that middle picture of danger indicator, and... well, they still attacked each other and attacked giants as well. It was less frequent than when i placed no danger at all, but it still wasnt that rare. Am I doing something wrong? Also, each of the village managed to gain 1-3 greed "smileys" before i managed to stop it with danger. But its pretty impossible to do this before greed grows, because I have no way to place danger before a couple minutes in the game.

So is there even a point of investing ambassadors into danger related skills? For me it seems to do nothing at all.

coanda

Re: Greed and danger question

Post by coanda » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:53 pm

Danger prevents greed from rising due to excess resource surplus. It can still rise due to failed projects. Greed in turn impacts the frequency of wars - if your greed is high enough, a village considers warring or attacking a giant; it doesn't care whether it's in the sweet-spot of danger for that.

Currently danger also prevents greed from going down over time, although I think that is planned to change with the next patch.

So, in short: if you want to manage greed with danger, you can't fail projects. Nor can you destroy projects in progress. Further, danger only prevents gaining new greed; it doesn't do anything about greed you already have - so simply adding danger at the last second won't prevent wars.

kosobi

Post by kosobi » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:26 pm

Thanks for answering. So i was right, building danger is completely useless.

Failing projects is INEVITABLE in this game, and since the danger prevents greed from going down, each village will eventually reach high amount of greed which wont go down.

Yxklyx

Post by Yxklyx » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:36 pm

On Steam at least, they have fixed the bug that prevented Greed from going down when there was Danger.

Even before the fix though Danger was very useful. I completed the 60 minute Gold Desert Challenge and only had 1 war. Danger is there to prevent Greed from getting too high. As for failing Projects - I've seen that if Danger is high enough they won't go to war even if their war icon is lit.

Before the fix I'd remove the Danger when a town had stopped growing to let Greed go down.