Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Mac Game keeps crashing

mush

Mac Game keeps crashing

Post by mush » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:54 pm

I just got Reus from the Humble Indie Bundle X;
As far as I can see the game seems to be in beta right now, but I'm completely unable to play it.
If I start a new game the game simply crashes, is this happening just on my mac or it is normal?

Maxx

Re: Mac Game keeps crashing

Post by Maxx » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:58 pm

Same problem here.. game crashes after starting a new from the main menu, everytime!
I'm using a 13´ MacBook Air (2013)

tauriken

Post by tauriken » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:22 pm

Same here... :( very disappointed

i'm on OS 10.7.5

joshlikesbagels

Post by joshlikesbagels » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:01 pm

Same thing here. Somehow I was able to play through the first tutorial level, but then upon loading the second era, the game crashes to desktop upon finishing loading, but before the world starts.

I'm running OS X Mavericks on a mid-2010 MBP.

nzahlut

Post by nzahlut » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:03 am

Same. Running the game on a Mac mini 2010 with 8 gb of RAM. The game not only crashes, but it's painfully slow. Really, really slow. Changing resolutions, disabling antialiasing or changing the V-Sync setting does nothing.

I bought the game trough the Humble Bundle and I'm not able to play it. I don't know if this version will get updates as this is my first purchase of a bundle, but for now I paid for an unplayable game and a big feeling of disappointment.

Hope this gets sorted out soon.

philippemorin123

Post by philippemorin123 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:30 am

Hi! Don't worry, yesterday, I wrote to the email address that was in the ".readme" file (Just open it with TextEdit) because my game was crashing when I was trying to load the first tutorial. I received an answer really quickly about the problem that they were already fixing...

In fact, they uploaded a new version of the reus.app a few hours ago and the game is more stable. All you need to do is to download the game again. I suggest you to create an Humble Bundle account so you can link your purchases to it.

The game is very laggy on my MacBook Air 2012 but it was way smoother over BootCamp and Windows 7. I guess there're a lot of optimizations coming.

Remember the game is only in BETA state for now... It's not the finished product.

nzahlut

Post by nzahlut » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:33 am

philippemorin123 wrote:Hi! Don't worry, yesterday, I wrote to the email address that was in the ".readme" file (Just open it with TextEdit) because my game was crashing when I was trying to load the first tutorial. I received an answer really quickly about the problem that they were already fixing...

In fact, they uploaded a new version of the reus.app a few hours ago and the game is more stable. All you need to do is to download the game again. I suggest you to create an Humble Bundle account so you can link your purchases to it.

The game is very laggy on my MacBook Air 2012 but it was way smoother over BootCamp and Windows 7. I guess there're a lot of optimizations coming.

Remember the game is only in BETA state for now... It's not the finished product.

Hi, thanks for your reply. How many hours ago would you say they uploaded the new .app? Because I downloaded the game about seven or eight hours ago.

philippemorin123

Post by philippemorin123 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:43 am

@nzahlut
You are welcome.
According to the info on the bundle page, it's been 2 hours and a half:

Also, from what I know with Humble Bundle, there's no way to get notifications when updates are released. All you can do is to check yourself from time to time on your account page.

nzahlut

Post by nzahlut » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:05 am

Thanks a lot, Philippe. I'll give it a go and report back.

joshlikesbagels

Post by joshlikesbagels » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:17 am

That update seems to have prevented the game from crashing, but solving one problem creates another. Now, everything is very slow to respond an the game stutters constantly. Ah well...