Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Choppy game on Mac?

Tim

Re: Choppy game on Mac?

Post by Tim » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:58 am

Hey guys!

We are looking into this problem and have an idea what could be causing this. Would any of you care to give a status update on the problem so that we know how severe this is?

Thanks!

joshlikesbagels

Post by joshlikesbagels » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:47 pm

Hi Tim

Happy to help! I just booted the game up once more and it loaded smoothly as per usual. I tried to load up the second era and get started there and that's where I ran into problems. As per before, it seems to be some issue with items on screen, especially when they're moving. Creating an ocean, the game freezes for just a moment before continuing with the animation. I'm then able to create a forest, and once I've clicked the green check for the tutorial, I run into terrible choppiness. The more I zoom in, the smoother it gets, but it isn't much of a difference. I'm often unable to click on anything, and hitting escape takes a few tries before I can actually access the menu.

I'm running a mid 2010 Macbook Pro: 2.4 GHz Intel core 2 duo, memory: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3, and NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB. Also, I'm running OS X 10.9.1.

I'm not sure if any logs would help here, but I couldn't find any anyway.

Let us know if you'd like more information!

greay

Post by greay » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:28 am

Tim wrote:Hey guys!

We are looking into this problem and have an idea what could be causing this. Would any of you care to give a status update on the problem so that we know how severe this is?

Thanks!
I've got as far as the third era but gave up. I'm really looking forward to playing it once there's a new version, but the choppiness and the sound stuttering makes it pretty unpleasant currently.