Bug - "Peaceful" awarded while in Alt mode

Phate

Bug - "Peaceful" awarded while in Alt mode

Post by Phate » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:09 pm

I was awarded the "Peaceful" achievement while doing an alt-mode play-through and one town also had several warmarks. From what I understand, this shouldn't be possible, so I wanted to report it here to make sure that it was made known.

wahnsinn

Re: Bug - "Peaceful" awarded while in Alt mode

Post by wahnsinn » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:44 pm

I also got Modern Physics, Modern Agriculture and Paradise Island, despite being in Alt Mode (Speed, Explorer, Random Start).

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:54 am

Aren't them Steam Achievements ?

Phate

Post by Phate » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:59 am

I believe the steam achievements are named the same as the in-game unlocks, and I know that 'Peaceful' is one of those unlocks that awards you a new resource, and that unlocked for me during alt mode when it shouldn't have.

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:05 am

Steam achievements can be unlocked in Alt Mods, it does not mean the unlock is actually made in game, just for Steam profile, you made sure the "Peaceful" achievement awarded you the linked natural source (or project/development) ?

wahnsinn

Post by wahnsinn » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:46 pm

yes!

Phate

Post by Phate » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:16 pm

Touriste wrote:Steam achievements can be unlocked in Alt Mods, it does not mean the unlock is actually made in game, just for Steam profile, you made sure the "Peaceful" achievement awarded you the linked natural source (or project/development) ?
The way I've understood it so far by playing the game is that every time I got a development in the game, such as finishing the first era, I would get the respective natural source (in that case, tomato I believe) and I would also get a steam achievement for the very same development. I believe that there may have been some achievements added to steam for things that aren't tied to developments in the game, however.

I want to apologize if I used confusing terminology in my other posts in case that made it harder for either of us to understand.

If the wiki is correct, the 'Peaceful' development should unlock the orangutan. I have just checked in my game under the respective tabs for both developments and resources and both of these are unlocked there.

I hope that helps better and I really do love this game! :)