Linux port issue: libSDL2-2.0.so.0 not found

brendanorr

Linux port issue: libSDL2-2.0.so.0 not found

Post by brendanorr » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:01 pm

Hello, while trying to run the Linux port (acquired from the Humble Bundle) its throwing an exception saying it can't find the SDL library. I checked the lib and lib64 directories and I see that both libraries are present. Here's the head of the error:

Code: Select all

baorr@Monolith-Linux:/usr/local/games/reus$ ./Reus

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_GamePlatform ---> System.DllNotFoundException: libSDL2-2.0.so.0
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) SDL2.SDL:SDL_GetPlatform ()
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_GamePlatform..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
I'm running Debian Wheezy(7.4) with multiarch (i386, x86_64) with the game installed to /usr/local/games/reus under root (executed by normal user). I've tried installing and running as a regular user in case of a permissions issue but everything looks to be good (world readable and executable).

If my steam client worked I would try that too, but that's a matter of a different beast.

brendanorr

Update

Post by brendanorr » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:55 pm

Finally was able to get Steam to work after fiddling with some 32-bit libraries. I installed Reus through it and it worked. I'm going to try to do some sleuthing to see what exactly is different between the regular shell environment and steam environment.

Unfortunately steam doesn't pass STDERR or STDOUT through to the terminal. May be logs somewhere that I'm missing.

Running through kdiff3 shows about 50 different files, all in the root directory of the game. So I'm guessing the Humble Bundle version is too old (the installer is called 'reus_linux_1389636757-bin') Steam states its build is 173174. If that's the case someone might want to send an updated version to Humble Bundle (or whereever they host it)