Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Graphics do not display

Subbak

Graphics do not display

Post by Subbak » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi,

I just installed Reus on my laptop with Ubuntu, and when I try to play the graphics are just random shapes instead of what they should be. My VGA controller is a Radeon HD 4200, so below the "recommended" requirements, but above the minimum system requirements. Can someone help me?

I've linked two screenshots so you can see the problem. Note that the giants are supposed to be in those screenshots (Forest is the two vertical green lines, Earth is basically invisible, and Ocean is three small triangles)

Touriste

Re: Graphics do not display

Post by Touriste » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:19 pm

Hello!
Firsts things first :
Can you make sure your graphic card is updated with latest drivers?
Also, verify game cache content and reinstall if it's still not working (after updating drivers)

Subbak

Post by Subbak » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:43 am

Yes, they show as up to date, and I haven't updated anything since I installed the game.

I installed the game first directly from the Humble Bundle binary and then by redeeming it on Steam. Both ways give the exact same result.

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:25 pm

Indeed, it seems like its a Graphic Card issue here, I don't know if you can install a Windows boot in order to test the game on it ( with XNA refresh installed http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=27598 )

Subbak

Post by Subbak » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:16 pm

Don't really have that much space to do that... I'll get a new computer in about 2 months, I guess I'll have to wait until then to play the game.