Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Extreme sound glitching

Caiobrz

Re: Extreme sound glitching

Post by Caiobrz » Wed May 22, 2013 11:22 pm

I have some weird glitch, like stuttering, but I nailed the cause: steam overlay. It happens during or some time after I get a steam overlay notification.

Then it gets back to normal. I guess in some machines this either stays or is permanent.

Hope this helps.

Szei

Post by Szei » Thu May 23, 2013 6:18 am

The sound glitches (crackling and static) when I zoom out as far as possible. When I zoom back in it's fine again. This is a reoccurring problem every time I've exited and started the game. It's not a big deal since it doesn't cause problems when zoomed in (which is what you do most of the time in Reus), but it means I can't zoom out without being treated to a bunch of static which is a nuisance.

Nighter3D

Post by Nighter3D » Thu May 23, 2013 12:10 pm

I should note that my installation is a GOG one. No overlay here so thats not the cause
secondly the glitching->crashing does seem to occur when one is rapidly zooming in and out judging by my own Video and the comments complaining about zoom related glitching and static(i haven't played the game recently as...well it was messing up my soundcard and speakers, my soundcard aint the youngest anymore anyway and i don't want to risk it nor the speakers).

Performance was perfectly fine too. no memory leaks, no cpu spikes or input/graphic lag. Only the sound crashes on occassion and startles me every time (its rather loud and sudden compared to the game's gentle sounds).

Tiandel

Post by Tiandel » Fri May 31, 2013 1:58 am

Did anyone ever get a solution to this? im having the same problem with my GOG version of the game too

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Fri May 31, 2013 2:21 am

If the game crashed, please copy/paste the errorReport located in "program files/Steam/steamapps/common/Reus/".
With the gog version it should be on your installation folder.
Check that you have the 1.0.4.0 version by right clicking on the application then go into "details".
If not, please update the game.

Tiandel

Post by Tiandel » Fri May 31, 2013 2:26 am

It doesn't crash. the sound just gets all staticy and crackly to a point where its unbearable to play. so i dont have a crash report. and my game is the right version.

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Fri May 31, 2013 2:31 am

You have only one soundcard ?
Try to reinstall the game
If this problem persist, can you upload the sound it does ?
Maybe the next patch will fix it :).

Bas
King of the Beta

Post by Bas » Fri May 31, 2013 10:23 am

Try disabling all audio enhancements that works for a lot of people. You can do that by right clicking the audio icon in the taskbar, click playback devices, right click the default device and go to the enhancement tab if my memory serves me correctly.

purringcat

Post by purringcat » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:57 pm

I lost my sound completely two days ago while playing REUS and it hasn't come back. Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Pro. Have tried every fix my PC tech and I could think of. Finally got the game to not crash and now no sound.
Edit: problem fixed

Bas
King of the Beta

Post by Bas » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:28 pm

purringcat wrote:I lost my sound completely two days ago while playing REUS and it hasn't come back. Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty Pro. Have tried every fix my PC tech and I could think of. Finally got the game to not crash and now no sound.
Edit: problem fixed
So how did you fix it in the end?