Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Game crashes whenever the Ocean Giant casts Monsoon

Wyvern

Game crashes whenever the Ocean Giant casts Monsoon

Post by Wyvern » Mon May 20, 2013 4:00 am

Every time the Ocean Giant tries to cast Monsoon, he starts the casting animation (what with his eyes rolling back and everything), but the instant the animation hits the frame where the actual effect presumably starts, the game crashes. I've seen it happen in both 30 and 60 minute eras on at least two different terrain types, windowed and fullscreen, and I've tried saving and reloading both before and after picking up the ambassador to no avail.

I bought the game at GOG.com, which isn't patched yet, so this is still the release version. I don't know if this is fixed in the patch or not, since the patch notes didn't specifically mention it.

Bas
King of the Beta

Re: Game crashes whenever the Ocean Giant casts Monsoon

Post by Bas » Mon May 20, 2013 4:09 am

Mm, I don't remember seeing something like this before. Do you have an errorReport? It should be in the installation directory.

Wyvern

Post by Wyvern » Mon May 20, 2013 5:48 am

Well this is odd. It actually just stopped happening. I switched from my nVidia graphics card to integrated graphics to see if that would prevent the crash, which it did (although it murdered the framerate, obviously). Then I switched it back and I couldn't get it to crash again, even after seeing it happen multiple times across multiple games before.

Whatever it was, it appears as though it didn't generate error reports. I have two, but they're from the 17th (I had a couple of minor crashes from tabbing out that day, I think).

ChiPsiUp

Post by ChiPsiUp » Tue May 21, 2013 1:53 am

I can confirm that this problem has happened to me as well. The moment I try to cast monsoon, the game crashes on me. I also have an nvidia graphics card, so perhaps that might be the issue?

I don't know if there are any crash reports. Where would they be saved? I have a steam copy so my installation directory is within steam.

M4st3rM1nd

Post by M4st3rM1nd » Tue May 21, 2013 1:58 am

try searching for crash report in "/Steam/steamapps/common/Reus/"

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Tue May 21, 2013 2:21 am

As said upper me, but maybe in a more clear form,

Copy/paste to this topic error report generated in the steam install directory :
"program files/Steam/steamapps/common/Reus/"

Nixitur

Post by Nixitur » Tue May 21, 2013 2:40 am

As the OP does not own the Steam version, the error reports are in "\My Documents\Reus\", I think.

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Tue May 21, 2013 2:42 am

Nixitur wrote:As the OP does not own the Steam version, the error reports are in "\My Documents\Reus\", I think.
I can understand that, but now it is
ChiPsiUp wrote:I can confirm that this problem has happened to me as well. The moment I try to cast monsoon, the game crashes on me. I also have an nvidia graphics card, so perhaps that might be the issue?

I don't know if there are any crash reports. Where would they be saved? I have a steam copy so my installation directory is within steam.
And he has Steam installed :>

Bas
King of the Beta

Post by Bas » Tue May 21, 2013 11:23 am

The error reports are located in the installation directory of the game. So for steam it should be in program files/Steam/steamapps/Common/Reus. For gog and desura binary installations its in the folder where you installed the game. ;)

Kieroshark

Post by Kieroshark » Tue May 21, 2013 11:56 am

I have only had the game crash once in the 25 hours or so I've played, but it was from this. Unlike OP, the ability usually works for me; it only crashed the game once. The crash occurred at the exact moment the effect would have been applied / the rain would have started.

Unfortunately no errorReports were created from the crash.