Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

[FIXED]Bug on source removal/project fail/city destruction

Adriaan

[FIXED]Bug on source removal/project fail/city destruction

Post by Adriaan » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:50 pm

EDIT:
Hotfix for this bug is online! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Hey all!

Here I'll keep updated what's happening with this bug. It's a nasty bug that is hidden somewhere deep and pretty rare for reproduction, but just know we're working on it!

If you find it, please leave your save file behind here. Save files are in my documents/reus/saves. If you know what crashes, it's even better.

We don't know for sure, but the ETA is about a day from posting. We can get more expert help tomorrow if things don't work out today.

The hotfix will also fix the bug with the Bronze challenge, which we already have fixed.

If anything happens anytime earlier, I'll let you know! For now, we're back to yelling at the code. ;)

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience!

Jabuchee

Re: Bug on source removal/project fail/city destruction

Post by Jabuchee » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:14 pm

Another saved game just before crash. Cause isn't obvious - doesn't look like anything is about to fail.
Attachments
crash.rsf
(90.52 KiB) Downloaded 124 times

Manuel

Post by Manuel » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:07 pm

I'm working on fixing the crash. Sorry that it's in there in the first place!

Just to be sure: don't delete your save-games. You can probably use them again after the bug is fixed.

purringcat

Post by purringcat » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:48 pm

Game to get the 8 oceans only
Every game I play crashes so will wait for fix before playing again.

Edit: How do you reload the Steam game?
Attachments
crash156min.rsf
(69.19 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

ParticleMan

Post by ParticleMan » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:10 pm

Here is the my factory crash. The project will fail in about 8 seconds so at least you dont have long to wait. Good luck in tracking this down. n.n
Attachments
Test.rsf
(87.07 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

MaASInsomnia

Post by MaASInsomnia » Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:31 pm

This is another crashing file. As near as I can tell, it's the same as others have been saying - project failure. Specifically, it's the Opera failing. If you click on it, you can watch the Opera countdown from twelve seconds. As soon as it hits zero, the game crashes.

Also, did some more experimentation. If I blow up the Opera early, the game crashes as well.

However, it does NOT crash if a Mountain Lodge, University, Circus or Hospital is destroyed (fails). I booted up an earlier save and started blowing things up.

Best of luck fixing this thing and I appreciate you working on this on a Sunday. I hope I can salvage my save. I've got one city with 7 Warmarkers and another with 6. (Big cities with weak, aggressive neighbors for the Warmarker win!) Incidentally, the one with the 7 Warmarkers is also the one that fails the Opera project. I have no idea if that's related, but I figure more info is a good thing.
Attachments
120 Era - Second.rsf
(96.37 KiB) Downloaded 103 times

Morek

Post by Morek » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:46 pm

Legionrun and it's plantation seem to be the problem point in my game. Was going to destroy the city for the mad scientist bonus across the ocean.
Attachments
pause.rsf
(77.8 KiB) Downloaded 102 times

Manuel

Post by Manuel » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:50 pm

I've just gone through all the saves and fixed 2 problems that were the cause of most (I suspect all) problems. We're going through the patching process now. Thanks for all the great help and patience people :)

@Jabuchee: It was the alchemist, that got destroyed with the village
Destruction of most Operas, Barracks and Plantations and evolutions of Plum trees were the cause of most problems.

ParticleMan

Post by ParticleMan » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Thanks for having such great support. Not sure of how many games I can name off the top of my head that would work on a Sunday like this.

Manuel

Re: [FIXED]Bug on source removal/project fail/city destructi

Post by Manuel » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:54 pm

Well, if we're going to break your copy of the game, we have the responsibility to fix it ASAP.
I'm glad you take it this way!

So the fix is online now and you should all be able to play on with your save games. They look mighty fine btw, as I've been going through them during debugging ;)