Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

A couple of incorrect tool tips

Rabbit

A couple of incorrect tool tips

Post by Rabbit » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:50 am

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know of some misleading or incorrect descriptions on some of the game items, so you'll be able to fix these minor things up next time you patch. I'll update this if I encounter more, unless someone can direct me to a better thread for this?

1) Pangolin symbiosis "peaceful ecosystem" says it activates if a certain animal is in range, but actually activates for each of those animals in range (only tested on great pangolin, not sure about the others)

2) Mountain Lodge specialization "challenger's cave" says it gives +15 awe if next to a mineral, but actually gives +15 awe for each mineral in the town's borders, whether there is a mineral next to it or not.

Edit:
3) Tavern specialization "master lumberjack" says each plant with at least 10 natura gets +10 wealth, but I can't get it to activate at all. I tested this out with a plant inside the town range as well and that doesn't work either. This specialization seemingly does nothing right now.

Edit 2:
4) Blast Furnace specialization "steel melters" says it gives +100% wealth and tech for each Iron/Plat/Silver within 2 range, but actually gives 10% wealth and 20% tech

5) Temple specialization "holy banquet" says it gives +30 food and +10 wealth for Boars, Rabbits, Yaks, MuskDeer and Javelinas, but can be activated with goats as well.

6) Monument specialization "work heritage" says it gives +25 food and +50 tech for each village on the planet, but actually gives +25 food and +50 wealth instead

Edit 3:

7) Laboratory specialization "automatongineer manuel" says it gives 100% of tech on minerals adjacent to this gained as tech and awe", but it actually gains the bonus tech and awe from 100% of tech on plants within 2 range of the laboratory.

8) Cacao tree symbiosis "plentiful jungle" says it gives + 25 awe if next to a plant, +25 natura if next to a mineral, +50 food if next to an animal, but actually gives +25 awe if next to a mineral instead of the natura.

Edit 4:
9) Monument specialization "brilliant construction" says it gives +1 food for each wealth in adjacent patches along with a bonus depending on the type next to it, but instead gives +1 food for each tech in adjacent patches. There is a second specialization with the same name that says food for tech with different bonuses, that one is working correctly.
Last edited by Rabbit on Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Adriaan

Re: A couple of incorrect tool tips

Post by Adriaan » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanks Rabbit! I'll be fixing those. :)

Rabbit

Post by Rabbit » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:55 am

Added a third one that I found, a tavern rare specialization that doesn't seem to work.

Evildeathcrab

Post by Evildeathcrab » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:11 am

Well this might be a convenient thread. Great game btw.

Found a few inconsistencies, have a save file if needed.

Have a Blast Furnace with "Steel Melters" States +100% wealth and tech for each Iron/Plat/Silver, have 2 Great Irons in the 2 range, and it's giving 7 for each instead of the 39 tech I have in both.

Also "Holy Banquet" which I got on a temple states +30 food and +10 wealth for Boars, Rabbits, Yaks, MuskDeer and Javelinas, I seem to have gotten the bonus with a Great Goat.

Have another one, the Hunter on superior fox says +8 wealth for each ... it clearly seems to be +6

Rabbit

Post by Rabbit » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:23 pm

I added those 2 to the list, since I've encountered them before as well. Also added a monument one that gives wealth instead of the tech it says.

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:44 am

Thanks once again! On it!

AVtime

Post by AVtime » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:59 pm

One more small one for the list:

Automatongineer Manuel - Sublime Laboratory Specialization
States "100% of wealth on minerals adjacent to this gained as tech and awe" - but it actually gains the bonus tech and awe from 100% of tech on plants within 2 range of the laboratory. Took me a little bit to figure out exactly what was going on! But I'm pretty sure I nailed it, as you can see from these:
Attachments
Automatongineer-bug.gif
Automatongineer-bug-1.gif

Rabbit

Post by Rabbit » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:13 am

Fair enough, I'll add that to my list there, along with this one about the cacao tree
says 25 awe if next to a plant, 25 natura if next to a mineral, 50 food if next to an animal.
However it gives awe for minerals instead of natura,
Attachments
Cacao tree tool tip.jpg

Rabbit

Post by Rabbit » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:30 pm

There actually seems to be 2 Monument specializations called Brilliant Construction, one gives food based on the tech next to it, +50 awe if next to a plant and +100 food if next to a mineral. That one seems to be working correctly, but the other Brilliant Construction says it gives food based on the wealth next to it, +50 awe if next to a mineral and +100 food if next to an animal. This one is actually also giving food based on tech instead of wealth like it says.

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:00 pm

I have a minor thing to report
Tooltip error : /n before Aloe Vera and no space between many and Animals
minor glitches.jpg