Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

[Fixed: 1.1.2.0] Project Summary Bug Report

Mahasuchi

[Fixed: 1.1.2.0] Project Summary Bug Report

Post by Mahasuchi » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:58 pm

This is my first game since the mountain patch and I found this. It does correct itself when I reload the game, but it did the same thing with the second geologist on the map afterwards.
GeologistRequirementsBug.png
Geologist bug
Touriste Edit : Image size too large. Uploaded as attachment

yatima2975

Re: Project Summary Bug Report

Post by yatima2975 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:57 pm

Mahasuchi wrote:This is my first game since the mountain patch and I found this. It does correct itself when I reload the game, but it did the same thing with the second geologist on the map afterwards.
I've seen this one as well!

I think it's because in the class Reus.Model.Civilizations.Challenges.ClimateRequirement.ClimateRequirementHandle in the method OnReachChanged, the event handlers get added and then removed again. At least AssetCountRequirementHandle does it in the order remove, add; and that seems to work well.

The reason the challenge detail window on the right is accurate is that that gets recreated everytime you open it, but I'd wager that if you left that open long enough so that the reach changes (i.e. a mountain patch gets added at the side of the village) it would be wrong too.

Mahasuchi

Post by Mahasuchi » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:35 am

I'd have to test it, but closing and opening the project list window doesn't fix it, so I don't see why it should be affected. That game has been pretty buggy in general. I got an ambassador from a university even though it told me humans weren't impressed with upgraded projects. I don't have the screenshot since I dumped it accidentally from the clipboard when I printed another screen. The devs can find the save files on this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=837

Manuel

Post by Manuel » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:36 pm

Fixed in the next patch.

Thanks for noticing Mahasuchi. I think it was purely visual and the challenge would still finish with 3 mountain patches, but with the fix the UI will be updated correctly as well.

@yatima, it wasn't that, as the order add/remove,remove/add does not matter in this case. The UI (not the logic handle) was just not listening to reach changes at all. Still it's nice to know you're looking along ;)

yatima2975

Post by yatima2975 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:52 pm

Manuel wrote:Fixed in the next patch.

Thanks for noticing Mahasuchi. I think it was purely visual and the challenge would still finish with 3 mountain patches, but with the fix the UI will be updated correctly as well.

@yatima, it wasn't that, as the order add/remove,remove/add does not matter in this case. The UI (not the logic handle) was just not listening to reach changes at all. Still it's nice to know you're looking along ;)
The UI is a complete mystery to me - as are the finer aspects of C# event handlers, apparently. Good to hear it'll be fixed!