Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

More Odd Project Effects

Yxklyx

More Odd Project Effects

Post by Yxklyx » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:18 pm

Multinational Pyramid Corp acting very oddly. From the wording it seems like it should be giving me 400 wealth but it hovers around 220 changing nonsensically every now and then when I build something elsewhere.

Laboratory Licensed Breakthrough. I'm only getting the effect once in the Laboratory screen - but if add Elderberry (not listed with the Laboratory) elsewhere I get a 10 Science bonus for no explicable reason. Other weird things going on with this one that I can't pin down - like placing swamp somewhere affected my science as well.
Attachments
Laboratory.rsf
Laboratory Licensed Breakthrough. I'm only getting the effect once in the Laboratory screen - but if add Elderberry (not listed with the Laboratory) elsewhere I get a 10 Science bonus for no explicable reason. Other weird things going on with this one that can't pin down.
(94.77 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
multinational.rsf
Multinational Pyramid Corp acting very oddly. From the wording it seems like it should be giving me 400 wealth but it hovers around 220 changing nonsensically every now and then when I build something elsewhere.
(76.3 KiB) Downloaded 90 times

Rabbit

Re: More Odd Project Effects

Post by Rabbit » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:51 am

Well the Multinational one is simple and not a bug. They have a weird way of showing the numbers for specializations like that. You are getting the full 400 wealth if you look at the tile itself, 600 wealth underneath the project. The symbiosis says 220 because that's 400 minus 10 for each mineral you have in the world, which I can correctly assume you have 18 of.
18 x 10 = 180, 400 - 180 = 220.
The numbers there are basically just showing you how much prosperity overall you are getting from that project, considering the amounts lost on each individual patch. Like I said it's a little weird, and can be confusing but don't worry about it, the project IS doing what it says.

The Laboratory one actually is a bug, but not for the reasons you think. You're getting the specialization to activate once because you have exactly 1 "Great barrel cactus", and the rest are "Superior barrel cactus" and that's somehow not included. The same goes for great white willows vs superior white willows. The 10 tech you are seeing is not because of some elderberry you put somewhere else, it's the 10 tech each white willow, barrel cactus, etc, receives from this project. Since it's only activating once, you only get 10.

So there seems to be a bug where superior versions of those plants are not being included in the list. Hope this clears things up for you.