Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Villages Form in Ocean and Mountain Biomes

Splorer

Villages Form in Ocean and Mountain Biomes

Post by Splorer » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:16 am

An image of villages under an ocean and on a mountain.

How to reproduce:
Create a resource and wait for a nomad to spawn. Use a terrain ability on the potential village tiles once the nomad is on any of them. The village will form on the terrain as it's taking shape.

Misc. notes:
Ambassadors won't spawn in these villages. You can flatten a village on a mountain biome without destroying it, but you can't raise a village in an ocean biome without destroying it. This bug doesn't really need fixing, but I thought I'd share anyway.
Attachments
Mountain and Ocean Villages.rsf
A save containing villages under an ocean and on a mountain.
(16.73 KiB) Downloaded 53 times

Touriste

Re: Villages Form in Ocean and Mountain Biomes

Post by Touriste » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:28 am

Moved to General, technical support is made for issues about the game.

Edit : Re moved to Technical Support

I think we can keep the mountain villages but I guess there should be the impossibility to create an ocean where the nomad goes.

Splorer

Post by Splorer » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:42 am

I think you might've misinterpreted my post. I am not showing off something cool I've done for the sake of it; I am reporting a bug . Villages do not generate on mountains or oceans under normal conditions. Once again, this is a bug. This thread belongs somewhere that the developers can look at it and say "Oh, that's a bug, should we fix it?"

axe11154

Post by axe11154 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:15 am

why cant they make ambassadors?
And I half to give you credit for asking this problem to be fixed instead of doing it to show off.

do you got a picture of the towns more developed?