Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Game freezes when lvl 3 project initiates

Dewback4

Game freezes when lvl 3 project initiates

Post by Dewback4 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:58 am

I've been playing Reus on Steam and loving it for about 13 hours in total (according to Steam's tally at least), and have recently run into an issue. I started a 120 minute game and had no problems for the first hour and a half or so of play time. However, eventually I reached a point where the game would suddenly freeze whenever one of my swamp towns initiated a level 3 project (Observatory or Blast Furnace specifically). The music would continue to play, but everything else stopped and and I had to open the task manager to close the game. Since the game technically didn't crash, no error report was generated (save file is attached to this post). I tried replaying the save and even going back to previous saves, and each time the trigger seemed to be the start of this level 3 project in the same town. I haven't seen any other topics with this kind of issue, so sorry if there is some obvious solution I'm missing...
Attachments
doy.rsf
(80.63 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

Dewback4

Re: Game freezes when lvl 3 project initiates

Post by Dewback4 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:08 am

Short update: attempted to avoid the problem by eradicating the offending town with my rock giant, but the freeze still occurred around the same time, so it may just be coincidence that the level 3 project started around then...

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:57 am

I managed to reproduce the bug, I will forward this to a dev, they might understand what is going on. You could try to reinstall and verify game content, we never know :D.

Dewback4

Post by Dewback4 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:52 am

Thanks! Tried reinstalling and verifying files, and no luck :(