Challenge #130:Ancient Andes Archaeology

Ullissen

Post by Ullissen » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:57 pm

Author: Noctua Spell
Contributions from: Pistax, Flamestalker, Noctua Spell, Liort

Story:
Phillipe was snoring lightly when he was awoken by a pat on his shoulder.
"Good one! they totally bought that the newspaper was holy." Harry remarked while passing by with the other pranksters who giggled.
"Their faces! " Another prankster added.
huh...? Phillipe thought sleepily.
He then remembered the newspaper tale Ivan and Maria told last week
but he didn't have anything to do with that....
Phillipe stood up, irritated by this riddle.
Of course a newspaper with a big bird on it wouldn't be holy! He thought before almost bumping into Min-Jeong on his way out
"Oh sorry." He apologised
"It's alright. I heard you were the one who placed the newspaper. After taking a look at it I had to remark on your excellent choice of archealogical sites."
Min-Jeong actually retrieved the newspaper from the bag she was carrying.
"They just gave that to you?!" Phillipe asked surprised.
Min-Jeong gave him a short look with a definitely failing poker face.
"Fair enough." He shrugged
"I want you to accompany me to Andes in search of this site." Min-Jeong pointed a quite sober looking place in what seemed to be woods. The only thing really standing out where all those llama's in the background. It could be Andes, but then again it could be somewhere else.
"I can accompany you, but I want all mechanical parts, metals, and otherwise handy tools for engineering we chance upon in return."
Min-Jeong beamed.

Rules:
  • Your captain must be Min-Jeong
  • You must bring Phillipe as a crewmember. The other crewmember can be anyone
  • You must visit Andes (can be at any point, you just need to go there)
  • Main resource has to be science
  • Executioner's Axe is banned (if you want to avoid getting this, dont go Saxon Kings)
  • You must play on Adventure mode.
Scoring:
Your Score is your Renown
  • BRONZE: 3000 renown (1MP*)
  • SILVER: 7000 renown (2MP*)
  • GOLD: 13000 renown (3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 20000 renown (3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CEST, 15/08/2018 (Or 08/15/2018 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

Game Version
Must be Build 489.1 or later

Story ideas: Will they find the site in the Andes? How did Min-Jeong come upon that newspaper? Who will join them?

For the previous challenge - Challenge #129 - Godhood