Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Challenge #137: Talented Talker

Ullissen

Post by Ullissen » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:16 pm

Concept: Noctua Spell
Story: Pikminenco
Contributions from: Flamestalker, Noctua, Blackvision, Pikminenco, Pistax, Liort

Story:''.....and that brings me to my findings, that by assuming that both symptoms can occur at the same time, it is possible to uncover its meaning that will change modern science......''
Jan-Piet slammed his hands on the table. He seemed really mad.
''That is not how you tell an interesting story! At this rate the entire conference will fall asleep!''
Yvonne, who was sitting next to him, nodded.'' I agree, It was not that interesting to listen to.''
Charles, Maria and Phailin agreed as well.
Anna turned away from the blackboard and faced the self appointed judges.
''Well maybe because you are not the target audience.''
Maria shook her head. ''It has to be enjoyable to everyone.''
Anna raised her hands in frustration. ''Why are you guys even here!''
Charles stood up. ''We are here to help you on how to NOT deliver a dull speech that will bore everybody attending the conference.''
''I am certain that the people attending the conference will be more than happy to listen to me.'' Anna said.

''That was amazing Anna!''
The judges turned around and saw Hildegard sitting on one of the seat's backrest a few rows behind them.
''Please continue and tell us more!'' she continued shouting.
Anna smiled and pointed at Hildegard. ''Look! She gets it and she is at least half your age!''
''Why don't we just send Hildegard and all her childly enthusiasm instead?'' Jan-Piet asked.
''Last time we send Hildegard to a conference we made it to the front page of the newspaper, on how suddenly everybody was profusely sneezing and covered in glitter.'' Phailin told.
Hildegard crossed her arms and looked away. ''I take no responsibility for that. You can't prove it was me.''
''Or Min-Jeong perhaps, she knows how to deal with crowds and can talk about historical lineage.'' Charles suggested. Maria shook her head.
''She will probably throw a fit if people ignore her, and we cant have that.'' she said.
Yvonne clapped her hands. ''Alright alright that's enough. Lets focus on the task at hand. Anna, from the top.''
Anna sighed and wiped her previous equations from the blackboard and started from the beginning.

After only having started for three minutes Jan-Piet started complaining again. ''Try explaining it somewhat simpler. Then we can understand you.''
Anna had enough of it. ''Well maybe if you weren't a barbaric sailor you would understand the things I were explaining.''
Jan-Piet's face got red and he jumped on the table. ''What did you call me!?'' he asked angrily.
''A sailor! Hurts doesn't it?'' Anna answered who was also very angry. Jan-Piet's face got even more red. ''Thats it!'' he said and jumped towards Anna.
''Oh you want to fight sailor boy? Bring it!'' she said and readied her weapon. Jan-Piet charged at Anna, who simply stepped aside and shocked him with her weapon. He fell on the ground and was unable to move.

''We might also have to work on your temper a bit.'' Charles said while writing it down on a piece of paper.
''I,m not done with you either.'' Anna said and walked towards the rest of the judges. Charles threw over the table and fled towards the exit. The others followed him while Anna ran after them.
''I have a feeling they wont be welcome at her presentation.'' Hildegard said to herself.

Rules:
  • Your Captain has to be a Scientist (except Min-Jeong, she's too young)
  • Train your Scientist Captain to be an expert Diplomat
  • You get bonus points for Beguiler and Quickthinker perks
  • All crewmembers are allowed
  • You must play on Adventure mode.
Scoring:
Your Score is your Renown + Bonus Points. You also need to build Diplomat perks on your captain, dont forget to add a screenshot of it.

You get 1000 bonus points for each Beguiler or Quickthinker perk on your Captain
  • BRONZE: 6000 points and lvl 4 Diplomat on the Captain (1MP*)
  • SILVER: 12000 points and lvl 5 Diplomat on the Captain (2MP*)
  • GOLD: 18000 points and lvl 6 Diplomat on the Captain (3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 28000 points and lvl 6 Diplomat on the Captain (3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CEST, 17/10/2018 (Or 10/17/2018 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

Dont forget to add screenshots of your Diplomat, Beguiler and QT Perks, otherwise we cant verify you had them which means no medal and/or no bonus points

Game Version
Must be Build 508 or later

Story ideas: Can they even explain their findings in a simpler way? Did the others escape from Anna's wrath? What happened at Hildegard's conference last time?

For the previous challenge - Challenge #136: Future and Past - click here