Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Challenge #28: (Un)friendly Competition

Manuel

Challenge #28: (Un)friendly Competition

Post by Manuel » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:47 pm

Welcome to Weekly Challenge #28, where two teams duke it out and we will find out which is the better crew! Curious towards your results in the previous challenge? Check here

The Story
Ivan and Charles stood on the balcony, looking upon the quarreling crews in the garden. Two newly formed crews were trying to convince each other that they would be on stage at the end of the year. "I never understood why young people need to prove themselves so.. constantly." said Charles. Ivan thought of Charles' latest efforts to get invited by the royal family and figured he didn't have the eloquence nor the bad will to make a pointy remark about it. Charles turned his head. "You silent giant" and slapped Ivan on his giant back. "Let's see how these young ones fare on their next adventure."

The Rules
- Pick one of two crews
#1: Emilia, Pedrinho, Harry
#2: Earl, Kiwi, Yvonne
- Pick a captain among them (f.e. if you pick crew #2, pick Earl, Kiwi or Yvonne)
- At the end of the challenge we sum both crew's Renown scores separately and declare a winner. Only your single highest submission counts for this.

- Your score is your Renown.
- Play on Adventure Mode.
- Play on any Difficulty.

The Goals
BRONZE: 1500 Renown (1 Medal Points*)
SILVER: 4000 Renown (2 MP*)
GOLD: 7000 Renown (3 MP*)
PLATINUM: 9000 Renown**
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty. It doesn't increase Medal Points, but we will track how many you have.

STORY MEDAL: How did these two crews become so competitive with each other? Is it a friendly competition, or more of a devious one? Is there something to win, or is it just a trivial quarrel? Does explorer age influence competitiveness or can experienced explorers be just as stubborn?

We're keeping track of all the medals you gained in the Hall of Fame.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
- Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
- Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
- Link to it here with a comment.
- Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
- Play the game according to the challenge rules.
- Post a screenshot of your Win screen (that is the screen right after the win ceremony) in this topic.*
- Submit by Wednesday, June 15th, 12:00 noon CEST / 05:00 CT.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

Previous Challenge: Challenge #27 - Swords and Words

adambomb

Re: Challenge #28: (Un)friendly Competition

Post by adambomb » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:54 am

Whew, this one took a few tries. Got very close twice with Yvonne's group and then failed miserably a couple times with Emilia and friends before finally pulling it off :)

For the last competition I was grouped in with the 'Base Game' crowd...not that it really matters but I actually do have the expansion installed so I made a point of proving it this time around by taking on The Lost Island for the last expedition :)
Attachments
FriendlyCompetition_victory.png

PlutoniumRooster

Post by PlutoniumRooster » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:59 am

Just a little off again - I probably underestimated just how insane Treasure Hunts are for Harry. Still a fun run, though!

Charissa1404

Post by Charissa1404 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:32 pm

phew took me a few tries, but I managed
Attachments
z.jpg

Manuel

Post by Manuel » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:33 pm

Results can be found here, congratulations on finishing the challenge!
http://steamcommunity.com/app/296970/di ... 4040359758