Hildegard walked down one of the small but majestic corridors of the Society when she saw Yvonne's puzzled face. "Hey Yvonne! Are you thinking of one of my magic tricks?". She faced Hildegard "Sorry Hildegard, your acts don't impress me much. It's just that today already TWO journalists passed me, without even as much as looking at me. Look, here comes another." A flashy reporter stepped quickly through the hall, obviously on her way to be first to the latest. In the process she completely ignored both Yvonne and Hildegard. "How can they afford to miss out on my most recent achievements?!"
While the slightly offended Hildegard tried to talk Yvonne of off her high horse, Pinkerton's office opened, where all the journalists had one by one entered and left. The chairman came out and told the two curious explorers what was happening. "The London Times, The Thames Times, and the Explorer's Finest all decided they want a custom exploration story to compete in some award. We can't let any of them down, so I'm afraid this poses a particular kind of pressure on our expeditions." The chairman looked at Hildegard. "Also I'm afraid all featured explorers need to be at least 18 years of age...". Pinkerton hadn't fully anticipated Hildegard's emotions and when the tears began to flow, he quickly looked at Yvonne. Finding no help there he panicked slightly. "Ah Kwame, so good to see you, why don't you come over here for a second!"
- Pick a combination of the following constraints. The number of constraints and score determine your medal.
1. Your captain is Molly, Harry or Victor.
2. Complete at least 3 full Research trees. (Don't forget an extra screenshot for this one)
3. Visit both the Hungarian Fort and the Highlands (in any order).
4. All crewmembers are of the same class.
- Each crew-member has to be at least 18 years old :'(
- Play on Adventure Mode.
- Play on any Difficulty.
- Your game has to be played on Patch #18 or later
BRONZE: 2,000 Renown, at least 1 constraints (1 Medal Points*)
SILVER: 5,000 Renown, at least 2 constraints (2 MP*)
GOLD: 6,000 Renown, at least 3 constraints (3 MP*)
PLATINUM**: 9,000 Renown, at least 3 constraints
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points, but we will track how many you have.
STORY MEDAL: Is there a crew that can make it into all the newspapers features? Or is the pressure of the media too large? How will Hildegard deal with her disappointment?
We're keeping track of all the medals you gained in the Hall of Fame.
How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.
- Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
- Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
- Link to it here with a comment.
- Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post to show readers what your story is about.
- Play the game according to the challenge rules.
- Post a screenshot of your Win screen (that is the screen right after the win ceremony) in this topic.*
- If you pick the research tree constraint, don't forget to add a screenshot of your completed trees.
- Submit by Wednesday, August 10th, 12:00 noon CEST / 05:00 CT. (Check your timezone here)