Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Renowned Explorers

Maarten

Renowned Explorers

Post by Maarten » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:12 am

Hello everyone,

We're very happy to announce our second game: Renowned Explorers - International Society.
I hope you're as excited as we are!
For now I'll keep it short, here's everything you might want to know:
Official Website
Twitter
Facebook
Presskit

Edit 12-03-2014: Renowned Explorers is not a point and click game as some people seem to think, but a tactical turn based 'exploration' game.

SharpKris

Re: Renowned Explorers

Post by SharpKris » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:04 pm

Hey guys!
the concept idea seems interesting although i'm not a big fan of point and click adventure games, how will you incorporate the movement through the world? is it similar to x-com?

Alplod

Post by Alplod » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:52 pm

Sweeeet) I'm looking forward to it, guys!

Touriste

Post by Touriste » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:53 pm

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS ARE SO POWERFUL THEY MAKE ME WRITE IN CAPS :D

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:30 pm

SharpKris wrote:Hey guys!
the concept idea seems interesting although i'm not a big fan of point and click adventure games, how will you incorporate the movement through the world? is it similar to x-com?
Just let me answer that by saying that I don't like point-and-click adventures, and absolutely love tactical-strategy games like fire emblem and x-com 0=)

Alplod

Post by Alplod » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:59 pm

OMG! Tactical RPG is my favourite genre!

'Feeling overexcited'

PainFoinmr

Post by PainFoinmr » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:01 am

Great news! I am really happy you still provide patches and fixes for Reus. Before I bought Reus, judging from the screenshots, I thought it was a sandbox game. What I got was even better! Can't wait what I will get from Renowned Explorers!

Zumao

Post by Zumao » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:47 am

I'd say I was really excited for this game, but I can't even play Reus yet. I don't much care to get out a magnifying glass just to play it.

Please don't neglect Reus. I want to play it and I want to enjoy it. I want to tell everyone how great a game it is (because it looks really awesome otherwise). I love the idea and it reminds me of some of the games I've played in my life to the point that I really desperately want to play it and love it - but the text, again is too small.

But congrats on the new title. Just... make sure to ship it with text that someone without the ability to read microscopic print can enjoy it, okay?

RyaReisender

Post by RyaReisender » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:42 am

Hey, what's with the hate against point and click adventures? They can be good.

Though I don't want to see such a game made by someone like Adriaan, whose strong point is designing unique, stragical elements. So I'm happy it's not a point and click adventure. :-)

@Zumao
Why can't you play Reus? As far as I know the development of Reus is finished already for quite a while now. It has a few minor bugs left, but it is perfectly playable.

Maarten

Post by Maarten » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:21 pm

Zumao is talking about the small text size in Reus. Sadly, we cannot change this without redesigning the whole UI from the ground up. Renowned Explorers will have support for scalable text.