Jan-Piet's booming voice sounded through the halls of the Society, followed by an echoing roar, obviously Dolores. Pinkerton had assembled many of the strongest fighters among the Explorers in his office. This is where he had told them about the International Peace Day, and that the Society would observe it by not using any violence on their current expeditions. While Pinkerton tried to keep Dolores from breaking a precious globe, Molly started a steady but intense stream of curse words, for which he would normally ban her from the club for at least a month. But the chairman understood these explorers' emotions. They had joined the Society, or were even asked to do so, to do great things with their talents. These fine people's talents just happened to be hitting people on the head, and for a large part that was very important, but this time it had to be different.
"Dear Explorers, I know I my advice is always to play your strengths, in all your cases quite literally, but please remain aware of the fact that violence always has a loser. Often not even winners. Use it to save your lives or escape from dreadful situations, or use it perhaps in a rare case to secure a precious artefact. But never use it lightly. Now, I won't judge you, as I've been known to throw a unnecessary punch myself in my younger days..." this remark made Bia's right eyebrow lift. "...but on a day such as this we should send a message to the world that peace is something worth striving for. And it's worth making our individual lives harder or even to change our ways entirely. I ask you all to find your other strengths. Do yourself and the Society proud, and choose the challenging path of peace.
- Your crew needs to consist of solely Aggressive characters (list below)
- You can pick your own captain
- You need to end with a Friendly reputation of level 3 (means at least 3 expeditions need to be finished Friendly)
- Your score is your Renown.
- Play on Adventure Mode.
- Play on any Difficulty.
Aggressive characters, compose your crew from these. (roughly those who add the most to the Aggressive attitude icon during crew selection)
Code: Select all
- Earl - Hatice - Molly - Bia - Dolores - Jan-Piet
BRONZE: 2000 Renown (1 Medal Points*)
SILVER: 7000 Renown (2 MP*)
GOLD: 9000 Renown (3 MP*)
PLATINUM: 12000 Renown**
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points, but we will track how many you have.
STORY MEDAL: Will this crew be constantly fighting their nature? Or will they at some point find new talents and ways of reaching fame?
We're keeping track of all the medals you gained in the Hall of Fame.
How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.
- Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
- Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
- Link to it here with a comment.
- Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post to show readers what your story is about.
- Play the game according to the challenge rules.
- Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen, right after the ceremony.*
- Submit by Wednesday, September 28th, 12:00 noon CEST / 05:00 CT. (Check your timezone here)