Advent Puzzle 3 Solved! Crytic Clue: Unlocked!

Blackvision

Advent Puzzle 3 Solved! Crytic Clue: Unlocked!

Post by Blackvision » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:55 pm

Story:
Victor stood in the Entrance hall to the Renowned Explorers, musing on the penmanship and use of words involved in the challenge to the Society. It was elegantly done, he had to admit, and it had certainly stirred up the Society's cavalier attitude to challenges. Perhaps that was part of the plan-

'CAAW!' Victor looked up, surprised. A messenger gull? In the Renowned Explorer's International Society building itself? This was unusual.

The gull, flustered by the enclosure cawed again before descending gratefully to Victor's upraised hand. It landed, gave another grumpy 'CAW!' and deposited it's messege before taking off towards the main doors - as they opened - to escape outside, swooping past Hildegard as she jumped at the bird's sudden appearance.

Victor frowned. How had it got inside in the first place? Then he looked at the message, forgetting his current train of thought. 'Advent Puzzle 3: Victor's Challenge'

Puzzle: My people are a troubled lot - we've all had a rough up-bringing. Most of us have got used to the mockery of others, but as their leader, I can't help but wonder if there's something more out there. I need to see more of other people, other places- the greatest delicacy I've ever experienced are the local truffles. Who am I?

Puzzle Solved! For the full results, http://steamcommunity.com/app/296970/di ... 088043198/ has the full table on. Solution: [spoiler]The Alchemist[/spoiler] Cryptic Clue: [spoiler]Alchemy[//spoiler]

To reveal the hidden text, highlight the text.

With your submission, include a picture of the solution from an event in the game with Victor in the picture.

A complete submission will include:
  • Your answer for the puzzle in text matching the in-game solution.
  • A screenshot with the solution to the puzzle in it and with Victor in the image too.
  • You may use either the base game or More To Explore for this puzzle
Bonus point: No bonus point is available for this puzzle.

Additional Secret:For a (minor) cryptic clue towards the grand challenge, the community should show all three possible attitudes' solutions to the subject's hostility to give them a proper taste of all the world outside their lands has to offer.

Deadline: Saturday 10th December 12:00 noon CET

Spoilers: You may wish to use spoilers so that other players can choose if they wish to know the answer while the puzzle is up or not. To do so, copy this:

(color=#E1EBF2)*Your answer here*(/color)

and replace the brackets ( and ) with [ and ]

Steam forum link
http://steamcommunity.com/app/296970/di ... 088043198/ - Results shown here as well