Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Advent Puzzle 7: Solved! Cryptic Clue: Unlocked!

Blackvision

Advent Puzzle 7: Solved! Cryptic Clue: Unlocked!

Post by Blackvision » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:05 pm

Story:
Phillipe slid the bag across the table in his hand, the bag jingling as it moved. The man on the other side eyed it, then reached to open it, but Phillipe tightened his grip. 'Come on, I've shown you what I'm offering. What've you got for me?'

The man hesitated, then nodded, and produced a bound book, placing it on the table, and likewise keeping his hand on it. 'All the names and locations the airship docked at in the last year. All confirmed with the dock-workers and foreign offices involved.'

Phillipe nodded. 'Then our transaction's complete - you've got the payment, I've got the documents.' He released the bag, reaching over and taking the papers, which the man likewise released.

They both took their respective items and stood slowly, watching each other for signs of trickery, but parted without incident, each walking out of opposing doors.

Philipe glanced at the papers, grinning to himself. He'd find out for sure what treasures Amir had been seeking out with this information - and he'd paid a reasonable amount, all things considered. The first paper drew his eye though. 'Challenge puzzle 7: Phillipes' Challenge'.

An unexpected bonus! He heard a shout of rage from behind and hastened his step, tucking away the documents swiftly. Evidently the exchange hadn't been quite so clear to the other man - perhaps a bag of miniature wooden bells wasn't what he'd been expecting.

Puzzle: In the town of Khmun I may be sought, but you'll need my help to find me. Who am I?

This puzzle has now been solved by te community, and the Cryptic Clue unlocked:

Solution: Thoth

Cryptic Clue: Thoth

With your answer submission, include a picture of the answer from the game with Phillipe using the solution.

A complete submission will include:
  • Your answer for the puzzle in text matching the in-game solution.
  • A screenshot with a reference to the solution to the puzzle and Phillipe on the screenshot.
  • You may use either the base game or More To Explore for this puzzle
Bonus point: To earn a bonus point, your submission must be the first unique reference to the solution. Eg. If one player has already submitted the same object/place/person/event as a reference to the solution in the game, any further submissions of the same object/person/place will not score the bonus point.

Additional Secret: For a (minor) cryptic clue towards the grand challenge, the community must submit at least 3 unique references to the solution.

Deadline: Wednesday 14th December 12:00 noon CET

Solution: (Unknown)

Spoilers: You may wish to use spoilers so that other players can choose if they wish to know the answer while the puzzle is up or not. To do so, copy this:

(color=#E1EBF2)*Your answer here*(/color)

and replace the brackets ( and ) with [ and ]

Steam forum link
http://steamcommunity.com/app/296970/di ... 458457340/ for the full results