Challenge #113:An Insight Job

Post by Ullissen » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Challenge #113:An Insight Job
Author: Pistax
Story: Pistax
Showrunner: Flamestalker
Contributions from: Flamestalker, Liort, Blackvision, Noctua Spell

Story:
It was a crisp spring morning not unlike every other during that time. Agatha returned from yet another expedition, bringing home fantastic amounts of research. Work like this was nothing to her, she’s been doing it for years. It was a mystery to everyone how she’s managed to find new material to study every time she went out. Still, it was getting undeniably boring. Perhaps it was because of her old age, but she simply lost interest in acquiring research by going to the same expeditions. As she was pondering her next move, Pinkerton ran into her.

"Ah, excuse me, Agatha. I was looking for you, actually." He seemed nervous for some reason.

"You see, I wanted to ask you about your plans for your next expedition. Don't get me wrong, we all greatly appreciate your scientific achievements, but maybe you could try going somewhere else for the same results. I'm starting to hear rumors about how you can gather so much research. Now, I know we put up with Hildegard's antics, but hers are just harmless tricks. Witchcraft is not tolerated in the Society." He tried to speak firmly, but all Agatha did was give him an annoyed look.

"I d-don't actually believe all that hogwash m-myself, of course." It was plain to see he actually did.

"But, that's not the only thing I heard. Employment of spies, plagiarism, association with pirates..." Before he could continue, Agatha quickly interjected.

"While these rumors are all obviously false, I get what you're trying to say. I shall change up my usual route and explore a wider variety of places." She then left the area with surprising haste.

"That was dangerously close. I could never afford to let my secret be found out. Well, no matter, I was already planning on going to new regions anyway. Will I be able to get as much scientific progress done there as well? Of course, with my Insight anything is possible." And after her little inner monologue she was already on her way to victory.

Rules:
  • Agatha must be captain.
  • The main resource must be Research.
  • You may not visit more than one of the following expeditions: Celtic, Hungary, Caribbean, Andes, Egypt, Emerged or Lost Island.
  • You must play on Adventure mode.
Scoring:
Your score is your Renown.
  • BRONZE: 2500 Renown(1MP*)
  • SILVER: 5500 Renown(2MP*)
  • GOLD: 10500 Renown(3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 16000 Renown(3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CET, 21/03/1018 (Or 03/21/2018 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

Game Version
build must be #483 or later

Story ideas:What is Agatha's secrets? How will her findings be different? Are there more explorers holding inner monologues?

For the previous challenge - Challenge #112: Tropical Dance Party - click here