Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Challenge #119: Fight for the Alloy

Blackvision

Post by Blackvision » Fri May 11, 2018 11:08 am

Author: Noctua Spell
Contributions from: Liort

Story:
Yvonne, Harry and Min-Jeong had been bragging about bringing back a new type of alloy in the main hall and Philippe, Anna, Yu and Earl were argueing about who would get it.

"You used up the last piece of iron yesterday so this metal is mine!" Yu yelled at Philippe. Philippe crossed his arms and glared at Yu. "Only because you took the rest of it the day before!"

Meanwhile Anna walked up to Harry and put an arm around his shoulders. Harry warily looked at it but sensed no danger yet.

"How much?" She simply asked him with a smirk.

Harry immediately smirked back: "How much are you willing to pay?"

Anna handed him a very well filled pouch and Harry whistled. He didn't dare negotiate for even more, last time Anna had called off their deal after tasering him.

"No!" Philippe yelled as he noticed the transaction taking place. Yu turned around and upon seeing the pouch he yelled: "Where's your pride Harry!"

Harry threw the pouch in the air, did a pirouette and caught it. He then walked away with Anna to hand over his part of the alloy.

"So much for being prankster bros huh Philippe." Yu remarked off-handedly.

Behind their backs Yvonne had walked up to Earl. They only had a short conversation after which Yvonne promised Earl her part of the alloy. "You'd really give it me?" Earl asked touched. Yvonne smiled happily as Philippe and Yu turned around terrified.

"Did I just hear Yvonne give that for free to Earl?" Philippe asked disbelievingly. Yu nodded lost for words.

Philippe and Yu both turned to Min-Jeong, who had the last remaining alloy. She had watched everything unfold and decided to spoil herself for once.

"I've always wanted to hold a royal tournament!" She clapped her hands excitedly, unusually childlike in comparison to her usual royal demeanor. "We actually found this alloy on the lost island and I remember seeing another piece of it there. It was shaped as a trophy actually."

Philippe and Yu felt their hopes rising. There was more alloy out there!

"I shall reward my piece to the person who can show me amazing scientific endeavors, any more alloy you recover you can keep. Let the games begin!" Min-Jeong commanded a bit too excitedly to make it seem dignified.

Rules:
  • Philippe or Yu is captain
  • Science must be your main resource
  • Bonus points for bringing back the Trophy of Time = 1000 points
  • Harry and Yvonne have other business to attend to and will not be crewmembers
  • You must play on Adventure mode.
Scoring:
Score = renown + bonus points
  • BRONZE: 2500 (1MP*)
  • SILVER: 8000 (2MP*)
  • GOLD: 14000 (3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 18000 (3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CET, 16/05/2018 (Or 05/16/2018 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

Game Version
For Steam users, build must be 483 or later.

Story ideas: Who shall be victorious? What will they use the alloy for? etc.

Last challenge was: 118 Daily dose of dirty duties