Contributions from: Blackvision, Noctua Spell, Flamestalker, Pistax, TheWelshDragon
Direct link to score-sheets/Team Brackets
"It is time!", Pinkerton declared, standing in the great hall once again, everybody gathered around him. "Time for the next Renowned World Cup!" Everybody clapped enthusiastically.
"This year Rivaleux will be our Glücksfee (lucky fairy) and draw the teams. Each team will have a week to prepare. Afterwards, the Cup will begin. Each team will go on their chosen expedition, collecting as much Renown as possible. Up on return, we will eliminate the weakest participants. To do so, we will have knockout rounds until only the winner remains. Any questions?" Everybody looked excited but nobody spoke. "Alright then," Pinkterton smiled. "Let's start the drawing of the teams. Rivaleux, do the honors!"
An exciting 20 minutes later, the teams were drawn, and the match plan made.
- Team A: Anna, Ivan and Kiwi
- Team B: Yu, Phillipe and Hatice
- Team C: Victor, Molly and Earl
- Team D: Maria, Yvonne, Phailin
- Team E: Pedrinho, Hildegard, Bia
- Team F: Agatha, Dolores, Min-Jeong
- Team G: Harry, Charles, Jan-Piet
- Team H: Emilia, Hojo, Kwame
- Week 1: A vs B, C vs D, E vs F, G vs H.
- Week 2: Winner A/B vs Winner C/D, Winner E/F vs Winner G/H
- Week 3: The grand finale: Winners of Week 2
- This is a group challenge, though you achieve personal medals seperate from your group.
- Choose your team and run your expeditions. Any of the crew can be captain. Renown (and any bonus for the week) is your score. After you're happy with your run, link to your screenshot under this challenge and add your result to this table.
- Each week's submissions will close after that week - if you have not submitted a run during that week, you will score nothing in that week!
- At the end of each week, all entries per team will be summed up. The teams with the highest scores wins the match. If there is a draw, the highest maximum renown scored per team is the tiebreaker.
- If your team gets eliminated, you can switch to a new one the following week.
- You are not allowed to submit entries you've already submitted once to this challenge for another week's competition.
- You must play on Adventure mode.
Your score is your renown. You get also bonus points if your team wins that week.
First Round: 1500 points
Final Four: 2000 points
Champion: 3000 points
Medals are only awarded after the whole championship is resolved, with your total points from all three weeks achieving your reward.
NOTE: Medal Points/Platinum points are tripled to account for multiple weeks of play.
- BRONZE: 10,000 points total (3MP*)
- SILVER: 26,000 points total (6MP*)
- GOLD: 44,000 points total (9MP*)
- PLATINUM: 60,000 points total (9MP+**)
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved with participation in all three weeks, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get. Incompleted runs (that do not finish 5 expeditions) will not count towards your team's score.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have (and this challenge counts for triple as it takes 3 weeks).
How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CEST, 27/06/18 (Or 06/27/18 for those using MM/DD/YY) for the first week, Submit by 12:00 noon CEST, 04/07/18 (Or 07/04/18 for those using MM/DD/YY) for the second week and Submit by 12:00 noon CEST, 11/07/18 (Or 07/11/18 for those using MM/DD/YY) for the championship (final) week.
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted per week - only one submission for each player each week please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.
For all submissions, the game build must be #489.1 or later.
Story ideas: How is the opening ceremony? Did everybody sing their along with their national anthem? Which scandals occurred and who was involved with them?
For the previous challenge - Challenge #124:Rogues in Training - click here