Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Challenge #141: Double Booked

Ullissen

Post by Ullissen » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:29 pm

Concept: The Welsh Dragon
Story: Pikminenco
Management: Flamestalker
Contributions from: Blackvision, Liort, Noctua Spell, DHBTVS

Story:
With a toolbox in one hand and a stack of paper in the other, Phillipe was walking towards the planning room. He had something special to work on and it had to be done in complete secret. When he stood in front of the door he tried to push it open with his shoulder. When that didn't work he tried to move the door handle with his elbow. After several missed attempts he let out a sigh of frustration. When he looked around for something to free his hands he noticed Min-Jeong with two servants walking through the halfway towards him.

''Hey, perfect timing! Could you maybe open this door for me? I have my hands full and have some important planning to do.'' Phillipe said. Min-Jeong and her servants stopped in front of Phillipe.
''I don't have time to open this door for you, I need it myself.'' she answered.
Phillipe looked slightly startled, then he noticed that one of the servants was also carrying a stack of paper.
''I have discovered a great achievement from a family member in my royal lineage that is currently not know to the outside world. It is my task to give us the recognition we deserve, so I need this room for the time being.'' Min-Jeong explained. Phillipe wanted to object, but Min-Jeong continued.
''And besides...I reserved this room. I asked Pinkerton last week and he said it was still free.''

''Well I have to plan one of the greatest heists in history! I will show that no good Amir that I can break in and obtain that so desired item of his. Then I will wave it in front of his face and NOT give it to him! Haha! That will show him to mess with me! And that is why I need all the privacy in the world right now.'' Phillipe said. Min-Jeong seemed to actually be a bit excited about his story.
''Now you got me curious. So what are you going to steal anyway?'' she asked. Phillipe leaned back and smiled.
''I cant tell you that, you might tell on me. But in the end I am still the one who gets this room as I told Pinkerton two weeks ago that I need this room'' Phillipe said. Min-Jeong looked annoyed.
''Well maybe we should get Pinkerton and let him solve this issue.''
Before she could even finish her sentence one of her servants had returned with Pinkerton, who looked very confused on how he was suddenly here.
''Those servants of yours sure know how to do their job.'' Phillipe said surprised.
''They keep outdoing themselves every time.'' she said equally surprised
Pinkerton looked around him in a panic, with his cup of tea still in his hand.
''How.....how did I get here?'' He asked.
''That can wait. We need you to tell us who reserved this room. I know it was me but this desert rat claims that he got it before me.'' Min-Jeong said
Phillipe looked angrily at Min-Jeong and then turned to Pinkerton. ''I am sure you have that written down somewhere.''
Pinkerton put the cup of tea on a nearby drawer and reached for his pocket.''Of course, I scribbled it down on this calender.'' Pinkerton's confidence faded as he saw he had both given them the room.
''Euhm..it.....it seems that.....neither of you have reserved this room.'' Both Phillipe and Min-Jeong's face turned red from anger. ''What!?''
Pinkerton took a few steps back. ''Well....I am afraid you two have to share because there are no other rooms available. You will just have to be flexible.''

Rules:
  • You have to play in Emperor's Challenge mode
  • And play the weekly EC challenge (Study token expert + Discovery Spotter)
  • But dont forget to do well on Renown too
  • You also have to win against Rivaleux in that Emperor's Challenge run
  • Anyone can be Captain or Crew
  • You must play on Adventure mode.
Scoring:
You are scored on both Renown and Porcelain Points, so do your best and get as much of both as you can while still beating Rivaleux
  • BRONZE: 2.5K Renown, and you won against Rivaleux (1MP*)
  • SILVER: 5K Renown, 80 Porcelain Points, and you won against Rivaleux (2MP*)
  • GOLD: 9K Renown, 120 Porcelain Points, and you won against Rivaleux (3MP*)
  • PLATINUM: 14K Renown, 160 Porcelain Points, and you won against Rivaleux (3MP+**)
* Number of medal points awarded when playing on Classic Difficulty. Easy and Normal give less, according to these rules.
Gold and Platinum medals may only be achieved without losing, though Silver and Bronze are still possible to get with just the Record sheet for that trip.
** The platinum medal is extraordinary and can only be achieved on Classic or Impossible difficulty without losing. It doesn't increase Medal Points further than a Gold medal, but we will track how many you have.

How to participate
You can participate with a highscore, a story or both.

Stories
Write a story. Use the Challenge theme as an inspiration by looking at the constraints. Find other stories in the Fan Story directory or by looking at previous challenges.
Post your story in a new topic in these forums.
Also link to it to this thread with a comment: Include the first paragraph/few lines of your story in the post here to show readers what your story is about.

Highscores
Play the game according to the challenge rules and in Adventure mode.
Post in this topic a screenshot of your Win Screen*, right after the ceremony or your Leaderboard record.* Also include a text version of your score with the submission to allow for error checking.
Submit by 12:00 noon CEST, 14/11/2018 (Or 11/14/2018 for those using MM/DD/YY)
(click here for your local time equivalent )
NOTE: Only one score will be accepted - only one submission for each player please. If you wish to enter a new score, please edit your initial entry and make it clear which score you are submitting, and add the word "EditGreenlight" to the entry so we can see immediately when the result needs updating.
*If you forget to screenshot the Win screen, you can also enter with a screenshot of your Leaderboards: Go to Main Menu > Leaderboards > Local > click the entry that matches your submission game > screenshot those details.

Game Version
Must be Build 508 or later

Story ideas: What is the item Phillipe has to steal? What is Min-Jeong's great find? How did the servants interrupt Pinkerton's tea time so quickly?

For the previous challenge - Challenge #140 - click here