Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Several Bugs and suggestions

turbogurke

Several Bugs and suggestions

Post by turbogurke » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:06 am

Hi Abbey team,

first thing to say is that Renowned Explorers is REALLY enjoyable!

Second thing is, as the title says, some bugs.

1) Scenario:
I had Agatha von Brünswick as a level 5 Archeologist. As level 5 Archeoologist she got a hefty bonus from the reseach paper "Knowledge is Power" (Genius Archeologist, +10 Speech Power). She did not receive any perk through items!
Now when I equipped her with the "Tactitcian's Notes" I wondered why she'd lose 5 Speech Power. Turns out she was only a Master Archeologist afterwards, gaining only +5 Speech Power from Knowledge is Power, despite still having 5 archeologist perks. After playing a bit with this build I tried to unequip Tactician's Notes, but still, Agatha remained demoted to Master Archeologist. I suspect in the calculations for Knowledge is Power is a bug.
I would attach a save, but I don't know where it's stored. If you tell me, I will attach it. And that leads me to

2) It was an adventure mode game, but somehow I have two savegames of it. The one with the above scenario (luckily. The bug might even be reconstructible!) and one where I finished the game.

Additionaly some minor things to tune up your UI:
1) In the expedition preparation I wonder why I cannot get to the character sheets from the city screens, but have to manually go back to the main screen first, even though the portraits are shown in the same way as in the main screen.
2) At first I didn't make the connection between the master/genius blabla buffs and Knowledge is Power. Maybe a small addition in the tooltip would make that more obvious. I guess there are other buffs for which that applies, too.
3) From time to time I don't notice that my characters level up. It's not because of a bug, but because the notification sometimes doesn't strike my eye. Maybe a small popup or an accoustis notification would be helpful here.

Nevertheless you have done a terrific job with Renown Explorers! :)

edit: maybe move this to suggestions?

mqstout

Re: Several Bugs and suggestions

Post by mqstout » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:07 pm

Saved are located, on Windows, "%userprofile%\Documents\Renowned Explorers International Society".

turbogurke

Post by turbogurke » Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:28 pm

On my computer there's only an empty *.ini file in a subdirectory called userdata.

Tim

Post by Tim » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:57 am

For Steam save games are located in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<your_user_id>\296970\remote

Thanks,

Tim

turbogurke

Post by turbogurke » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:21 pm

There it is, thanks Tim!
Attachments
save_5.zip
(8.68 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

turbogurke

Post by turbogurke » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:26 pm

And here a save where the bug is in effect. lvl 5 Archeologist getting only the small bonus
Attachments
save_6.zip
(9.57 KiB) Downloaded 60 times