Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Can't Level Up

Abishai

Can't Level Up

Post by Abishai » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:22 am

I just started a new game and I can't level up. I'm playing with Phillip, Hatice, and Bia. It has the level up arrow but won't let me select and choose the next level. I finished the first level and tried to level up in the between stages and still can't. What should I do?

Nilate

Re: Can't Level Up

Post by Nilate » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:03 pm

That's interesting. I haven't been able to trigger this issue.

Are you able to zip and attach a copy of your abbeycore.txt file from <steaminstall>\steamapps\common\Renowned Explorers\, so that the team can take a look at it?

Also, do you remember the steps or series of events that lead up to this?

mqstout

Post by mqstout » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:55 am

When are you trying to level up? You can't level up during combat or while other windows are open. You, basically, have to be at the expedition map or the preparation world map.

Abishai

Post by Abishai » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:12 pm

That's for the reply. I'm not sure what was happening, I wasn't able to play yesterday and when I loaded it up today, it let me. If it happens again, I'll try and get a copy of the file immediately.

Nilate

Post by Nilate » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:15 pm

Good deal! Actually, the file may still contain details from the time when that occurred. It couldn't hurt to attach it when you're able.

If you'd like, you can open it with a text editor to check the time periods that appear within. I will try to trigger this behavior and see what I find.

Abishai

Post by Abishai » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:33 am

How do I do this?

Nilate

Post by Nilate » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:28 am

Really, you don't need to concern yourself with searching through the file yourself - if you attach it here, the experts can have a look.

However, If you would like to read the contents of the file, you can locate it in your file system (using Windows Explorer [Windows key + E] - also called "My Computer") and double-click to open it. I mentioned the default file location in my post above.

It's a simple text file with the .txt extension, so Notepad will open it, for example.