Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Enabling VSync crashes the game (linux)

champion

Enabling VSync crashes the game (linux)

Post by champion » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:44 am

HI all!

I'm running archlinux with awesomewm (nonstandard, I know, but I don't think this is a window manager issue) on a radeon R7 240 with the open source X11 drivers.

If I check VSync in the video settings and click "Save and Close", the game crashes. What's more, it then keeps crashing on launch, until I remove the vsync option from the userdata/Renowned\ Explorers\ International\ Society/userdata/settings.ini file in the steamapps/common directory.

This isn't a huge issue (I probably wouldn't have vsync enabled even if it worked) but I thought I'd let the dev team know and give a solution to anyone who's having similar issues and doesn't know how to fix the crashing on launch.

Rutger

Re: Enabling VSync crashes the game (linux)

Post by Rutger » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:44 pm

Hey champion,

We don't really support the open source drivers, since they cause quite a few issues due to incomplete OpenGL support. It's a pretty nice surprise for us that you are able to play the game at all with them. ;)

But thanks for the report! Always good to know :)