Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Questions by the Pound!: new Devedio! MOAR questions

Anything Reus-related that doesn't fit the other forums.
SharpKris

Questions by the Pound!: new Devedio! MOAR questions

Post by SharpKris » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:10 pm

Since i see this forum is going to be filling up with Questions in no time,
I'll be making a Question/Answer archive. maybe some day it'll be a sticky :P
so list any question you could possibly think of and hopefuly we wount have too many people asking the same thing.

Questions!
Q: Will there be hostile giants that will rival your own?
A: "there will be no hostile giants. A big point of Reus is that you create your own enemies (the humans) instead of "evil" force that rivals you. The humans are your biggest friends, but at the same time, can turn into your most threatening foes." - Adriaan

Q: Will you consider adding races other then humens? or adding region specific races? not elves orcs and what not nececerily but maybe humen subtypes depending on region layout or type of giants?
A: Can't really answer that right now, sorry. :(

Q: Will there be a worship system that will evolve your giants? and if so will it depend on how much you help the worshipers or based on how you effect the entire area?
A: Kind of. I can say that if you're a good God to the humans, the humans will increase the powers of your giants.

Q: What's going to be placed in the abbility slots of giants with a lock on them?
A: Abilities!

Q: Will there perhaps be actual evolution in ages? For example that they go into the renaissance age and modern age?
A: Can't answer that! =3

Q: Are you guys going to add options for difficulty?
A: ...depends. Mostly on time and money. :P

Q: Will there be an Ability/Option to make your planet bigger?
A: Initially, no. :(

Q: Will our slaves be able to make docks+Boats?
A: You already know that I'm not gonna answer that >:D

Q: When's the damm beta?! :P
A: Somewhere in March!

Q: How many giants do we expect to see in the OB/CB
A: More info soon....soooon....

Q: Will there be an option to combine biomes (water+forest=swamp) or will each biome have its own giants?
A: Funny. We had that first, but it was a total mess to play, so we removed it. So basically, yes, each giant creates a biome from scratch, although some influence eachother a little.

Q: How will the underground play out? will it be more then just mines?
A: For now, just mines.

Q: Will humans be completly none-interactive or will we be able to control them to some degree? (in B&W you could pick them up)
A: You will be able to interact with them on some degrees, but most of the "positive" things are indirect. Eco systems will be your go-to method for influencing villagers. (Ow, and the ocassional drowning, of course)

Q: Will there be random events like vulcanos, Meteors etc? (Or perhaps as punishments)
A: no random events from nature. You fully control nature.

Q:Will there be animals that could endanger a village?
A: YES!

Q:Will you keep adding content after the game has been released?
A: We're planning on adding some more content after release, but it will all depend on the success of Reus, and whether or not we're living underneath a bridge by then.

Q: do you guys consider on going over to kickstarter? i think you could make good progress like that
A: We thought about it, but we weren't in America, so we couldn't do it. Also Kickstarter takes a looooot of time. Also also, we kind of want to do this on our own 2 cents. It's just kind of cool to make a game on nothing but ambition and enthusiasm. :)

Q: Will Reus be modable?
A: First question I just don't know the answer on! I would encourage modding, since it's also just a singleplayer game, but I don't know exactly how possible it is. My guess would be "big chance it's easy moddable on some scale". Making new giants would be reeeeaaallly hard though.

Q:Is the game hard-coded (Meaning the code is rather hard to modify to make mods)
A: Some things are really easy to mod, others are really hard. For example, giants are really hard to mod, but nature it self is pretty easy to mod... I think. I can't say for sure until someone tried. :P

Q:Would it be possible for someone to mod multiplayer in?
A: I don't think so.

Q:Any really big features you still want to add?
A: Currently, all features are present but not all are tidy and working as they should. We're cleaning up everything for the beta. After the beta, there might still be some changes, but I don't think we have the time or money to create another gameplay feature. But again, I can't say that for sure until the game is out in the open. :)

Q: Will we be able to Interact with the game-world through unnatural spawns (e.g. an ability to spawn biome-related aggressive creatures that's main purpose is to raid humans)?
A: Depends on your point of view. :P You can create animals, and some animals might go all crazy on a village, but it's all from nature. There are no evil alien races or anything.

Q: Will there be a campaign (or a guided play-through of some kind), or will it just be a sandbox?
A: There will be sandbox for sure, and we are currently working on a different kind of "campaign" than you are used too. It's a feature I'm pretty excited about, and I hope to release more info on it later, when I'm sure it works!

Q: Will we have access to all game-content on release, or will there be add-ons through DLC/Purchase/Premium (personally, i hate micro-transactions)?
A: This all depends on how well Reus does. Ideally, we would want to release a pretty sweet patch for free. Then we could look into adding more features or content, maybe for a small compensation (DLC or if it's a viable option, expansion). But that's just speculation, we will have to see first how Reus will do, and then we can decide what to do. One thing is sure, there are no micro-transaction, and you get everything we got ready on launch!

Q: Will the humans have separate relations with each of the giants? For example is it possible a village will be hostile to the forest giant, but not the ocean giant.
A: It is something we were actually working on a little, but than it got scrapped due to too little time. :(

Q: how many resource combinations are there?
A: More than I can count atm :P So yeah, a lot.

Q: could we get an in depth explanation of the resource system?
A: Eehhhm, yes. In the tutorial of the game. NJIHIHIHI! >:D

Q: can a Reus carry more then one diplomat? and will diplomats be permanent(can you drop them off)? what are the benifits of diplomats?
A: A Reus can carry more than one ambassador, but the choice is permanent. Benefits are often new unlocks, greater power, or side effects like extra speed.

Q: how many "types" of villages are there?
A: Can't reeeeally say that, explore it. ;)

Q: how many projects can each village have and are there different projects from in each village type?
A: Won't spoil the beans on that one too!
Last edited by SharpKris on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 20 times in total.

Qustinnus

Re: Questions by the Pound!

Post by Qustinnus » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:17 pm

They wont answer anything, They're teasing us and want to make it a surprise.. xD

SharpKris

Post by SharpKris » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:20 pm

I agree :P
but for the sake of my sanity and my OCD disorder this is a must have thread

Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:26 pm

Yeah my sanity is draining too, I'm just hoping i'll get the beta in march..I'll let's play it and get it even more attention (Which this game deserves)

My biggest question is..will they build docks + boats? (They didnt want to answer this, the teasers..)

By the way..They said ''around march'' about the beta.

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:26 am

SharpKris wrote:Since i see this forum is going to be filling up with Questions in no time,
I'll be making a Questin/Answer archive. maybe some day it'll be a sticky :P
so list any question you could possibly think of and hopefuly we wount have too many people asking the same thing.

Questions!
A: "there will be no hostile giants. A big point of Reus is that you create your own enemies (the humans) instead of "evil" force that rivals you. The humans are your biggest friends, but at the same time, can turn into your most threatening foes." - Adriaan

Q: Will you consider adding races other then humens? or adding region specific races? not elves orcs and what not nececerily but maybe humen subtypes depending on region layout or type of giants?
Q: Will there be a worship system that will evolve your giants? and if so will it depend on how much you help the worshipers or based on how you effect the entire area?
A: Kind of. I can say that if you're a good God to the humans, the humans will increase the powers of your giants.
Q: What's going to be placed in the abbility slots of giants with a lock on them?
Q: Will there perhaps be actual evolution in ages? For example that they go into the renaissance age and modern age?

SharpKris

Post by SharpKris » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:15 am

Adriaan wrote:
SharpKris wrote:Since i see this forum is going to be filling up with Questions in no time,

Questions!

Thank you for your time and keep us updated ("pssst pssst slip me a beta key")

Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:16 pm

SharpKris wrote:
Adriaan wrote:

Questions!

Thank you for your time and keep us updated ("pssst pssst slip me a beta key")
Heh, I don't think we can persuade them for one,

And i told you hes teasing us with those boats... xD
Thanks for answering btw Adriaan :D

Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:10 pm

I had a question, Which i thought i should post here because it's the most relevant.
What's the use for the ''Strategy & Balance'' Section?

SharpKris

Post by SharpKris » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:21 pm

Qustinnus wrote:I had a question, Which i thought i should post here because it's the most relevant.
think that's for when we actually test the game and bring in our notes and conclusions :P

Bas
King of the Beta

Post by Bas » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:46 pm

SharpKris wrote:
Qustinnus wrote:I had a question, Which i thought i should post here because it's the most relevant.
think that's for when we actually test the game and bring in our notes and conclusions :P
Right ye are!