Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Questions by the Pound!: new Devedio! MOAR questions

Anything Reus-related that doesn't fit the other forums.
griffonos0987

Re: Questions by the Pound!

Post by griffonos0987 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:15 am

Will the humans have separate relations with each of the giants? For example is it possible a village will be hostile to the forest giant, but not the ocean giant.

Adriaan

Re: Questions by the Pound!

Post by Adriaan » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:39 am

griffonos0987 wrote:Will the humans have separate relations with each of the giants? For example is it possible a village will be hostile to the forest giant, but not the ocean giant.
It is something we were actually working on a little, but than it got scrapped due to too little time. :(

SharpKris

Re: Questions by the Pound!: new Devedio! and MOAR questions

Post by SharpKris » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:17 pm

Q: how many resource combinations are there?

Q: could we get an in depth explanation of the resource system?

Q: can a Reus carry more then one diplomat? and will diplomats be permanent(can you drop them off)? what are the benifits of diplomats?

Q: how many "types" of villages are there?

Q: how many projects can each village have and are there different projects from in each village type?

JustSmall

Post by JustSmall » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:09 pm

SharpKris wrote:Q: how many resource combinations are there?

Q: can a Reus carry more then one diplomat? and will diplomats be permanent(can you drop them off)? what are the benifits of diplomats?

Q: how many projects can each village have and are there different projects from in each village type?
Except for the third question, I honestly don't think getting the answers to these questions is a good thing. Maybe this is just the explorer inside of me but I want to find out what the possible combinations are and what type of villagers there by myself. We should explore the game and not immediately get to know everything. But of course, this is just my opinion and everybody can do whatever they prefer to do.

SharpKris

Post by SharpKris » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:13 pm

JustSmall wrote:
SharpKris wrote:Q: how many resource combinations are there?

Except for the third question, I honestly don't think getting the answers to these questions is a good thing. Maybe this is just the explorer inside of me but I want to find out what the possible combinations are and what type of villagers there by myself. We should explore the game and not immediately get to know everything. But of course, this is just my opinion and everybody can do whatever they prefer to do.
these are just the things that poped up into my head as i watched the video.
the goal of this thread is not to suck the information out of the devs but to compile the common questions that might be asked now or later. answering said questions is entirely up to the devs and their willingness to give us said info, they are by no mean obligated to answer said question.

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:48 pm

SharpKris wrote: Q: how many resource combinations are there?
A: More than I can count atm :P So yeah, a lot.
A: Eehhhm, yes. In the tutorial of the game. NJIHIHIHI! >:D
A: A Reus can carry more than one ambassador, but the choice is permanent. Benefits are often new unlocks, greater power, or side effects like extra speed.
A: Can't reeeeally say that, explore it. ;)
A: Won't spoil the beans on that one too!

Chuggoka

Re: Questions by the Pound!: new Devedio! MOAR questions

Post by Chuggoka » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:09 pm

As I have not seen an answer to this one in the starting post:

What engine do you programm Reus with?/Which programming language do you use?

Bas
King of the Beta

Post by Bas » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:44 pm

Chuggoka wrote:As I have not seen an answer to this one in the starting post:

A thats a question I can answer. ;)

Reus is being developed using our own engine which is based on XNA. We will start porting the engine to Monogame very soon with the help of Microsoft. Reus is written in C# with a few parts of C++. We have about 200.000 lines of code including the engine itself + 20.000 lines of xml that define all assets and whatnot in the game.

Hope that answers your question!

Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:27 pm

What was the giantest progress you made with Reus at once (For example; In being well-known or development)

Chuggoka

Post by Chuggoka » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:45 pm

Bas wrote:
Chuggoka wrote:As I have not seen an answer to this one in the starting post:

A thats a question I can answer. ;)

Reus is being developed using our own engine which is based on XNA. We will start porting the engine to Monogame very soon with the help of Microsoft. Reus is written in C# with a few parts of C++. We have about 200.000 lines of code including the engine itself + 20.000 lines of xml that define all assets and whatnot in the game.

Hope that answers your question!
0_0 ok... That is far beyond my current programming skills... Back to Youtube