Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Reus Wiki Issues

Anything Reus-related that doesn't fit the other forums.
FredAstaire

Reus Wiki Issues

Post by FredAstaire » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:42 pm

Hey all!

As has been said many times before, fantastic job with Reus! I've actually owned it and enjoyed it for quite a while, but after taking a break from it and coming back just recently I noticed that the wiki seems to be, for lack of a better word, broken. No content besides the page title and basic Wiki framework display on any of the pages from what I can tell, and it consistently spits out variations of the following error code:

Code: Select all

Warning: preg_replace(): Compilation failed: group name must start with a non-digit at offset 4 in /vol1/home/d181h2/domains/reusgame.com/public_html/wiki/includes/MagicWord.php on line ___

where the blank space is filled by various line numbers.
I would assume that MagicWord.php has been moved or deleted, but that's merely a guess. I also don't know who runs the wiki or if it's been abandoned entirely, which would be an absolute shame for a game which quite literally links to wiki as its "manual". If anyone can point me in the right direction for who to contact, it would be greatly appreciated!

Zumao

Re: Reus Wiki Issues

Post by Zumao » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:47 pm

I unfortunately do not have access to the php code, so even though it is a wiki, it is not something that we can fix as the average user.

http://wiki.reusgame.com/ gave me a 403 about 5 days ago or so, and I would assume it was because it was undergoing maintenance. The mediawiki that they are using seems to have a bug that makes it incompatible with certain server configurations.

While I am certainly capable of fixing the issue, I do not have the ability to. It stinks, but I'm sure whoever is hosting the wiki and doing its updating will have it fixed ASAP.

FredAstaire

Post by FredAstaire » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:43 pm

Zumao wrote:I unfortunately do not have access to the php code, so even though it is a wiki, it is not something that we can fix as the average user.

http://wiki.reusgame.com/ gave me a 403 about 5 days ago or so, and I would assume it was because it was undergoing maintenance. The mediawiki that they are using seems to have a bug that makes it incompatible with certain server configurations.

While I am certainly capable of fixing the issue, I do not have the ability to. It stinks, but I'm sure whoever is hosting the wiki and doing its updating will have it fixed ASAP.
Thank you for the prompt response! Hopefully the hosts or those with the source php (I would assume they're most likely the same folks) can get it all sorted out without too much difficulty. Cheers!

Manuel

Post by Manuel » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:12 pm

This should have been fixed last week. Let us know if you still experience problems!