Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Who has gotten lucky and got a Beta invite?

Anything Reus-related that doesn't fit the other forums.
genveir

Re: Who has gotten lucky and got a Beta invite?

Post by genveir » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:08 pm

kinda hard to be active on the forums, noone is posting here. :P

Manuel

Post by Manuel » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:19 pm

Hey,

I'm sorry we can't give everyone beta access right now. We had a lot more signups than expected initially. Adding everyone would make it impossible to process all the feedback with care.
The good news is that either way you won't have to wait all that long anymore to play Reus. As you know we're planning release for Q2 this year. We're confident that it's not going to come down to the end of that period as well. Soon we'll release an exact date ;)

Manuel

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:46 pm

genveir wrote:kinda hard to be active on the forums, noone is posting here. :P
yeah, what we need is a good old flame war! Anyone religious?

JInFi

Post by JInFi » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:29 pm

please ignite this fire in an off-topic thread, and we shall battle this out for glory and honor!

ozzi9816

Post by ozzi9816 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:26 pm

I would really like to get a beta invite, but I don't think they're going to give out any more before release.

JustSmall

Post by JustSmall » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:56 pm

While I don't know Abbey's opinion on this "topic", I personally don't think it's a good idea to beg for a beta invitation. If you filled the application, they are aware of you and if they need you, you'll get invited.

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:38 am

You're right JustSmall. To be clear: we're not inviting new people into the beta. We have a limited capacity, and we're busy finishing the game for the 16th of May. While more beta-testers always help making the game better, we're simply at full capacity with adressing the most important issues. :(

Also, spreading betas costs us another 1-2 days, which we really need to finish game !;)

ozzi9816

Post by ozzi9816 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:21 pm

Adriaan wrote:You're right JustSmall. To be clear: we're not inviting new people into the beta. We have a limited capacity, and we're busy finishing the game for the 16th of May. While more beta-testers always help making the game better, we're simply at full capacity with adressing the most important issues. :(

Also, spreading betas costs us another 1-2 days, which we really need to finish game !;)
Sorry, I didn't know I was being rude.

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:38 pm

No man, don't worry, it's not like we stated anything clearly. :P Our wrong here! Sometimes we're just a little indecisive and unclear 0=).

becomingjenn

Post by becomingjenn » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:55 am

I was kinda hoping for a chance, but even so, I don't mind. I think the bones are there, but we shall see. I've not been this excited about a game in quite a bit. Wishing you all luck!