Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Dev Diary #2

Anything Reus-related that doesn't fit the other forums.
Adriaan

Dev Diary #2

Post by Adriaan » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:36 pm

JustSmall already found it, but here is dev movie nr. 2!

Movie-time!

Discuss, and I hope you like it! :)

JustSmall

Re: Dev Diary #2

Post by JustSmall » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:15 pm

I'll just copy my comment from the other thread over here, hope you don't mind that.

I posted a link to the Reddit forums /r/games, /r/reus and /r/indiegaming, if you want to see and take part in their discussion (which they hopefully start ;) ), here are the links:
http://www.reddit.com/r/IndieGaming/com ... cosystems/ and http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/ ... cosystems/
http://www.reddit.com/r/reus/comments/1 ... cosystems/

Furthermore, now that I've watched the video, I'd like to share my opinion with you:
It's really nice to see that there are so many possibilities. 100+ Ressources is a lot and will hopefully open the passages for many, many tactics. Especially the way the different "ressources" (are chickens ressources? :D) interact are impressive, especially if you consider that this game is still in development.
I really like that you can actually see how many ressources are in a field. At first, I thought you had to guess how many things are available and just deal with it but this is a way better option.
Also, the way you can let the Reus (that sounds better than simply Giants in my opinion) interact with the Humans is nice and the art is amazing too!

Chattox

Post by Chattox » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:39 pm

Huuuurgh, give us the beta already stop hogging all the fun D:

More on topic, I actually really like the sound design. The thudding of the giants definitely lends a sense of power to the player; as controlling big angry giants should do xD

SharpKris

Post by SharpKris » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:09 pm

lol semms like im late to the party!
So first off great video! and again i suggest you pitch your game to game vloggers so we might have a bigger community.

the features you introduced are very innovative! i have a list of new questions for later.

Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:28 pm

My reaction to the awesomeness of the game (It's better then i expected)

nighteyes

Post by nighteyes » Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:20 pm

Looks great!
I'm looking forward to the next one even more now though, not to mention the game itself.
Out of curiosity, are you making these on a regular basis, or just making them as you have time?

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:22 pm

Well, they cost a remarkable amount of time. I try to make them regularly, but it kinda depends on the feedback we get. We got a feedback on the first dev video, so this one was a no-brainer. :)

We'll see how this one will do, and then we can decide if I should put my weekend into making a new movie, or just making the game better. ;)

Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:21 pm

Adriaan wrote:Well, they cost a remarkable amount of time. I try to make them regularly, but it kinda depends on the feedback we get. We got a feedback on the first dev video, so this one was a no-brainer. :)

We'll see how this one will do, and then we can decide if I should put my weekend into making a new movie, or just making the game better. ;)
The game is the most important!
Ofcourse we (Forumers) Would LOVE to make vids for you <3?

SharpKris

Post by SharpKris » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:58 pm

Qustinnus wrote:
Adriaan wrote:Well, they cost a remarkable amount of time. I try to make them regularly, but it kinda depends on the feedback we get. We got a feedback on the first dev video, so this one was a no-brainer. :)

The game is the most important!
Ofcourse we (Forumers) Would LOVE to make vids for you <3?
too bad the beta wount start till april though.

JustSmall

Post by JustSmall » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:08 pm

I really don't want to start another thread just for the pictures and think that it should fit in here some what well.
Abbey games posted this album on their facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 606&type=1