Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

In-Game Language

Anything Reus-related that doesn't fit the other forums.

Which language in game needed? (multi allowed)

German
23%
Spain
11%
France
33%
Italy
5%
Chinese
3%
Russia
19%
other
7%

Total votes: 104

JInFi

Re: In-Game Language

Post by JInFi » Fri May 17, 2013 8:15 am

Eline wrote:
I love the language, but it's VERY hard to learn due to the kanji, hiragana and katakana. Japanese kids can read a paper by the time they're 18
i call bs!!! xD

it completely comes down to the education. japan has a proficiency program that rates a person for their Japanese proficiency. it is true that it is very difficult to attain a Level 5 certificate, but more often than less it's not as hard as you think.

aymeric000

Post by aymeric000 » Fri May 17, 2013 7:28 pm

French please :)

It's possible to traduce english to french for me, it's easy ;)

I play in english and i uderstand, but, i think, in french is more significant for french people who don't speak english very well

skulastra

Post by skulastra » Fri May 17, 2013 7:44 pm

aymeric000 wrote:French please :)

It's possible to traduce english to french for me, it's easy ;)

I play in english and i uderstand, but, i think, in french is more significant for french people who don't speak english very well
And there is a lot of them x).

Ossisaverni

Post by Ossisaverni » Fri May 17, 2013 8:29 pm

I have selected Spanish.

I can play in english but i think the game will have a lot more players if this language is available.

TheGodfather

Post by TheGodfather » Sun May 19, 2013 3:27 am

I'd be more than happy to help translating this wonderful, wonderful game into German. You guys did such an amazing job and you deserve every credit and support.

aymeric000

Post by aymeric000 » Sun May 19, 2013 10:13 am

TheGodfather wrote:I'd be more than happy to help translating this wonderful, wonderful game into German. You guys did such an amazing job and you deserve every credit and support.
Same, it's possible to help translating the game in french !
I translate a lot of video from English to French in a team. ;)

frostphoenyx

Post by frostphoenyx » Mon May 20, 2013 2:21 pm

Though I'd love to see the game translated asap in French, I think it should not be translated in a "Google Translate" fashion. That game needs a serious translation. I've seen enough awful translations to be worried about it.

AqzSeven

Post by AqzSeven » Wed May 22, 2013 3:09 pm

As frostpheonyx said, take your time to do the translate, plus, i think you have a lot of people who wants to help you to translating the game. I'd be very happy to contribute for the french version of your amazing game.

MrOttiman

Post by MrOttiman » Fri May 24, 2013 5:04 am

I would support a translation to german.
I have experience in modding "Hearts of Iron" (the first part), because it was truely based on excel-sheets. I would give you my voice to have a "better" feeling, if anybody play the tutorials - but I suggest "Mr. Opperman" from the SPD, german politics. - Every time I hear his voice, I think he could be a german-speaker, even in movies. If the project trannsforms to be more speech, I would ask him, if needed.

@Godfather: Please tell me, if you are in need of any help.

DaMayan

Post by DaMayan » Fri May 24, 2013 1:45 pm

I thought this topic would be about the "Language" the humans speak in the game.
Mostly gibberish but sounds a bit like french to me or maybe it depends on the biome?