Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Fantastic game, thank you!

Anything Reus-related that doesn't fit the other forums.
Ryishu

Fantastic game, thank you!

Post by Ryishu » Thu May 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Just finished the tutorials and I have to say the game is everything I have expected so far and there is so much more to discover yet. Thank you abbey games for this release, job well done! now i'm going to go and enjoy the game some more. :)

Qustinnus

Re: Fantastic game, thank you!

Post by Qustinnus » Thu May 16, 2013 9:25 pm

Enjoy the game! :D

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Thu May 16, 2013 9:42 pm

Thanks for the kind words! :D

Voodoom

Post by Voodoom » Thu May 16, 2013 10:31 pm

Yeah this game is awesome !

Mandhar

Post by Mandhar » Thu May 16, 2013 10:39 pm

I really love it... played tutorials and my first era... and i'm getting the hang of it now (even though i destroyed the wrong village at some point), but i'm gonna loose many an hour playing "just one era". I'm gonna do my very best to get the game the poppularity it deserves here in Russia :)

Oxi

Post by Oxi » Thu May 16, 2013 11:35 pm

Let me tell you about the history of the world, young one. Come in, sit by the fire, the swamp can be terribly cold by night.

Ahem. In the beginning, there was only barren wastes, they say. Then there was water, a whole ocean of water, like the one outside the village. Soon, trees grew but not the same like ours here, it was less damp in those times. Soon enough, the first people began settling the great forest, as there was food and game aplenty. And those people were good people for they lived off the land and the land was generous to them.

But in time, more tribes settled the face of the earth and one of them took hold of the vast empty desert to the east. Back in those days, it is said that the ground was full of gems and riches and the people dug deep into the ground to harness these riches. They lived a comfortable life, free of dangers for the animals of the desert were docile and tame. In time, the people grew greedy and they wanted more than the planet had supplied them with. So they went forth and attacked the peaceful farmers of the forest and they hurt many good men and women.
That angered the planet and it sent snakes to keep the desert-dwellers busy and humble. But it seemed to be too late as the people of the desert spat on the planet, demanding more riches.
And it is said that the mountains themselves were furious and they marched into the desert and a great earthquake shook the ground so violently that the desert-people perished, every last one of them, for they were too dangerous for the people of the forest and even our little peaceful swamp.

For you see young one, if someone gets too much too quickly, he can turn greedy and lose his perspective on the world. We people of the swamp seek wisdom, not riches and so we endured, even though the planet and the mountains and all the other great ones have gone to sleep because they spent all their energy helping us grow and prosper.

Now run off, my child and think about what you learned today. Oh, and keep an eye out to the sky, they say, the brilliant green eyes of the planet can still be seen high in the treetops and mountains on a silent night like this.

Just what my first non-tutorial-game was like and I felt like sharing ;)

Ryishu

Post by Ryishu » Thu May 16, 2013 11:48 pm

That was a great read oxi. :) I had some great things going on in my first game too, there was a warboat from a new greedy village in the forest that demanded more resources and attempted to attack the first settlers, the swamp harbour. The poor little Viking boat stood no chance against the coastal defence and their attack was halted, to save them from further humiliation the mountain god pummelled their settlement back into the land.

Plu

Post by Plu » Thu May 16, 2013 11:54 pm

You're a good writer Oxi :)

Eline

Post by Eline » Fri May 17, 2013 12:38 am

I wish I could upvote that. I love the story!

Oxi

Post by Oxi » Fri May 17, 2013 12:47 am

Thanks a lot, but I´m just working with what Reus gives me. I really like it when a game can tell stories with little effort. Reus can do that quite well I think, I´m basically just writing it down for the game.

If you can´t tell, I like the game a lot :)