Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Published German tutorial/overview :-)

Anything Reus-related that doesn't fit the other forums.
TheGodfather

Published German tutorial/overview :-)

Post by TheGodfather » Sun May 19, 2013 4:19 pm

Hey guys!

Since the game just came out and the devs surely have their hands full of work, I figured I'd help out a bit and give those German speaking players, who have difficulties with the understanding of English in Reus, a little tutorial/overview. For the last 3 hours I was starting Reus, doing screenshots, closing it again, editing the screenshots, uploading them, writing things, starting Reus again, ...

And here's the outcome:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=544#p2646

Update 1: I briefly explained the concept of projects and Resource in use/available.

I know it looks rather simple and easy, but damn, that took time. I know the tutorial/overview is far, far, faaaaaar from complete, but I needed a pause for now and hear out, what you guys (especially the German-speaking folks) have to say about it.

Regards,
TheGodfather

PS: I would be awesome if the devs could add the BB code [center][/center], so that I don't have to use dots :D
Last edited by TheGodfather on Tue May 21, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Adriaan

Re: Published German tutorial/overview :-)

Post by Adriaan » Mon May 20, 2013 12:38 am

I love it and I don't even know German.

Nixitur

Post by Nixitur » Mon May 20, 2013 12:45 am

I'm German and I think it's pretty good. One note: It's "wertvolle Minerale", not "wertvollen", but apart from that, I can't find any errors. The green that you use for wealth and desert are very hard to read, though.
It covers the basics and... well, that's basically it. It does what it's supposed to do. The images are good, the language is appropriate... All in all, well done.

TheGodfather

Post by TheGodfather » Mon May 20, 2013 1:34 am

Thank you both for the feedback.
Nixitur wrote:I'm German and I think it's pretty good. One note: It's "wertvolle Minerale", not "wertvollen", but apart from that, I can't find any errors. The green that you use for wealth and desert are very hard to read, though.
It covers the basics and... well, that's basically it. It does what it's supposed to do. The images are good, the language is appropriate... All in all, well done.
Damn, I overlooked that mistake, I'll correct it. And I'll see if I can find better colors. Regarding the basic aspect of the post: I am aware of it, but this was just the beginning, next I'd like to cover Symbiosis, Projects and Aspects.

@Adriaan: Is there a limit in terms of maximum KB of a post? I mean, will it be a problem if I use another 10 pictures or so?

Oceanus

Post by Oceanus » Mon May 20, 2013 2:02 am

Hi Godfather,

Super-Arbeit... Ich habe mich zwar schon an die englischen Menüs gewöhnt (so nach fast 20 Stunden Spielzeit), aber es ist natürlich nett, wenn es Hinweise auf Deutsch gibt.

Danke Dir für die Mühe !!!

Eine deutsche Reus-Wiki wäre natürlich seeeehr cool !

See you
Oceanus

TheGodfather

Post by TheGodfather » Mon May 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Danke, danke :-)

I'll continue to write in English though, so everyone can understand^^ It indeed seems to make more sense to just open a German wiki than to publish tutorials here, since every Germanspeaking person here on the forum seems to speak English nearly perfectly, as JustSmall pointed out as well.

@Adriaan or to any dev: Would it be possible to open a German Reus-Wiki? I (and surely other guys too) would happily translate the English articles or create new ones, pictures included :-) (Maybe even later link it ingame, if Steam language interface is set to German, but this is just an idea)
I hope that I'm not a pain in the ass to you devs, but I cannot describe the joy this game gives to me and I want everyone to share that same experience and not that it lessens the experience just because of linguistical issues...

Regards,
TGF

Oceanus

Post by Oceanus » Mon May 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Yepp,
you are right !
- everyone should share our experience...;-)

Meanwhile I played twenty hours and the game is still surprising and first of all so fullfilling and komplex,
its a great joy !!!!

A German Wiki sounds very good,
otherwise I got accustomed of the english terms and its fun, to discover tons of new words or terms, that were missed for aeons in the short-term-buffer of my head...;-)

Greetings from the North of Germany,
See you
Oceanus

kaibioinfo

Post by kaibioinfo » Tue May 21, 2013 1:53 am

The tutorial is nice. But I would translate "giant" with "Riese" instead of "Gigant". This is also closer to the original dutch title of the game ;) Furthermore, the green text is hard to read on the bright background of the board.

A "complete" german wiki will be hard to maintain. You should remind that many stats may change in future patchs. But for the general gameplay mechanics a german wiki would be great.

TheGodfather

Post by TheGodfather » Tue May 21, 2013 3:42 pm

kaibioinfo wrote:The tutorial is nice. But I would translate "giant" with "Riese" instead of "Gigant". This is also closer to the original dutch title of the game ;) Furthermore, the green text is hard to read on the bright background of the board.

A "complete" german wiki will be hard to maintain. You should remind that many stats may change in future patchs. But for the general gameplay mechanics a german wiki would be great.
Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking of "Riese" as well at first, don't know why I decided for Gigant then. I'll change it as well the green and orange/yellow colours as Nixitur pointed out as well.

I'll try to cover Projects and Symbioses today. If there will really be a German Reus-Wiki, I can still copy the text and the pictures :-)