Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Punished into submission?

Anything Reus-related that doesn't fit the other forums.
Zindaras

Re: Punished into submission?

Post by Zindaras » Fri May 24, 2013 3:44 pm

You have to destroy the armies they send at your giants. Once they are destroyed (they will usually send at least two) they will be punished into submission. Attacking the village itself will not help you (unless something has changed in the patch).

coanda

Post by coanda » Fri May 24, 2013 4:01 pm

Then something changed in the patch? I guarantee attacking villages can punish them into submission, because that's how I have done it 90% of the time. Of course you have to do enough damage; one muck bomb is often not sufficient.

Spyre2k

Post by Spyre2k » Fri May 24, 2013 10:26 pm

When it comes to damaging the village to reduce their greed, are you sure it was just the village and not the army also since they spawn on top of the village.

For whatever reason I found that using muck ball to kill giant attacking armies does not seem to punish them into submission. However every time I used earthquake to kill an army that was going after one of my giants it sent them straight into submission.

So the tactic I tend to use now is throw 2-3 muck balls at the army to soften them up. Then move in rock giant and finish them off. If earthquake fails to kill them, finishing them off with muck ball doesn't seem to get a submission.

I've also never gotta a village to drop in greed by lowing it's HP. I have notice it seems to send armies out less often when it's HP is low though. So I still lower HP on greedy villages to prevent them from warmongering.

Dunam

Post by Dunam » Fri May 24, 2013 11:31 pm

I've had this happen too, but it doesn't always work. I think a muck ball increases a villages greed (same if you destroy their project). Increased greed leads to sending an army if they were at the treshold. The angry mob dies in the muck balls damage over time effect and it appears that a direct attack worked.

This is simply my theory.

VDZ

Post by VDZ » Sat May 25, 2013 1:40 pm

I used to just attack the armies, but last run I tried attacking the villages, and if they are attacking giants, damaging the village works wonders to beat them into humility. I've had an army chasing my forest giant on the other side of the world, then used raise mountain on the village sending that army, and they were punished into humility without me even touching the army.

The muck ball also works, but it's less efficient (it deals less damage, might deal too much damage and destroy the village). Muck ball on armies also works, as that's what I've always been doing before.

You probably can't beat them into humility if they aren't attacking the giants, though I've never specifically tried doing so.