Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Achievements/development files

Anything Reus-related that doesn't fit the other forums.
thechinese1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Achievements/development files

Post by thechinese1 » Mon May 27, 2013 2:27 am

I have no time to grind for completion of all the achievements just so I can fully enjoy the game. Waiting is a big part of my life so I have many indie games on my laptop to pass the time and Reus is one that actually sticks compared to the other ones which fade in a few days or even hours. Personally in my opinion, locked content shouldn't be a part of a game whose intuition draws creation, experiments, non-linear play, and freedom; unless the content is cosmetic or doesn't affect gameplay.

All I am asking is for someone that has completed most or all of the achievements upload the file that I believe controls how which developments are locked/unlocked. I am unsure if it will work because of Steam but it is worth a try.

For Windows 7, the file should be in C:\Users\"Name"\Documents\Reus and the file is "Achievements.srl".

I sincerely adore this game and would appreciate if someone were to help me. Normally, I do not go on these forums and I am not part of the active community but Reus apparently changed that.

Thank you.

Dunam
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Achievements/development files

Post by Dunam » Mon May 27, 2013 4:33 am

I have actually been planning on making an unlock game, one save that could unlock everything. However, I can't seem to relock everything, so I couldn't test. Instead, here's a game with a high score. Be sure to pause immediately after loading and move your forest giant to the right, or he'll die.

(to the devs: feel free to delete if this is against your wishes)
Attachments
unlock game.rsf
(103.06KiB)Downloaded 155 times

sirmentlegen

Post by sirmentlegen » Mon May 27, 2013 7:19 am

I used SAM to unlock everything.

thechinese1

Post by thechinese1 » Mon May 27, 2013 10:27 am

Dunam wrote:I have actually been planning on making an unlock game, one save that could unlock everything. However, I can't seem to relock everything, so I couldn't test. Instead, here's a game with a high score. Be sure to pause immediately after loading and move your forest giant to the right, or he'll die.

Thanks for the help although it is not what I am completely looking for it did get me a lot closer to my goal. If you have any more saves or finished your save unlock files please let me know.

sincerely with gratitude
-thechinese1

thechinese1

Post by thechinese1 » Mon May 27, 2013 10:29 am

sirmentlegen wrote:I used SAM to unlock everything.
Could you elaborate on SAM? If you could tell me what program specifically or the full acronym that would be great. Apparently there are many programs and software named SAM.

Thanks.

thechinese1

Post by thechinese1 » Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am

Dunam wrote:I have actually been planning on making an unlock game, one save that could unlock everything. However, I can't seem to relock everything, so I couldn't test. Instead, here's a game with a high score. Be sure to pause immediately after loading and move your forest giant to the right, or he'll die.

I had to reply again because my previous post was wrong. I loaded the save twice to get all the developments due to me not being level 3. In total, I earned 53/67 achievements and only need 14 which is certainly doable. People like you make my day in and out. Thank you so much!

ollj

Post by ollj » Mon May 27, 2013 4:52 pm

theres a gamemode votable on that allows a freeplay mode to unlock things within the game only for this one planet while you keep playing.

yes locked content is generally bad.

but even with everything locked the game is complex enough to learn and see a lot of things in 30 minute games.

if everything is unlocked from the start you have a lot of tools and playing time that you will easily mess up without understanding 80% of whats going on. this is just as bad because yiour creation punishes you for messing up things.
if everything is unlocked the first 15 minutes of every game are still almost exactly the same anyways.

Locked content also increases replayability and replay value as it forces and motivates you to play differently a few times at least and rewards you for succeeding.

Dak0m

Post by Dak0m » Mon May 27, 2013 5:19 pm

I made a backup of my original progress. (35 achievements ._.)

I don't know about you, but this game is going to be played by me, regardless of achievments, for at least a year+. Heh, I'm still playing the first land of Black & White and I've yet to "beat" the game.

If I ever want to challenge myself, I'll use my old data and go for it. Thank you very much dunam. I'm that much closer to being able to mess around in Free Play :D

nikujinn

Post by nikujinn » Mon May 27, 2013 7:12 pm

can u guys upload file with achivements c:/users/name/reus/achivements
or uplod late save so i could get coal achivement?

Dont feel like playing 120 min game to get those for my strategy.

thechinese1

Post by thechinese1 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:48 am

ollj wrote:theres a gamemode votable on that allows a freeplay mode to unlock things within the game only for this one planet while you keep playing.

yes locked content is generally bad.

but even with everything locked the game is complex enough to learn and see a lot of things in 30 minute games.

if everything is unlocked from the start you have a lot of tools and playing time that you will easily mess up without understanding 80% of whats going on. this is just as bad because yiour creation punishes you for messing up things.
if everything is unlocked the first 15 minutes of every game are still almost exactly the same anyways.

Locked content also increases replayability and replay value as it forces and motivates you to play differently a few times at least and rewards you for succeeding.
Strange. For me this game is very simple. In fact, I prefer games that are challenging and the audience of this game seems to be directed towards all ages so why not add modes that better suit certain people. I will vote on this new mode.