Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

3 Archievements left

Anything Reus-related that doesn't fit the other forums.
Baldri
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
3 Archievements left

Post by Baldri » Tue May 28, 2013 7:56 am

Hi there, i need a advice how to do the "Noble" Archievement and the "Modern Physics" one in a single village. So far i tried Gold and tea but it didnt turn out well because of the lack of a fourth ambassador on my tree and mountain giant. I lacked about 300 prosperty to archieve my goal. Are there a more efficent Way then Tea for Awe? Remember without animals. The borders of that mountain city sadly tends to expand slowly.

By the way, i also missing "Mass production". Any advice for this as well?

Thanks in advance

~Baldri.

Darexon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: 3 Archievements left

Post by Darexon » Tue May 28, 2013 8:00 am

For Noble you can make a world with many villages that have large oceans on both sides and have 4 patches of land which is just enough for the village and make them fishing villages, be sure to use Anglerfish and a combination of Swamps and Forests for ambassadors.

Baldri

Post by Baldri » Tue May 28, 2013 8:12 am

Well i do want both archievements at once with a single village, so no animals are allowed. ;(

coanda

Post by coanda » Tue May 28, 2013 8:39 am

Here is one possible setup for Noble and Modern Physics:

First, unlock level-3 advanced minerals, level-3 crystal aspect, level-2 plants, level-2 leaf aspect (level-3 leaf aspect would be better). Then make this:

TTTTTCTTTTTVillage<projects, and whatever mountainous improvements you want>

Where T is tea (NOT greater tea - regular tea will give more awe), and C is coal.

The coal is -260 awe, +2600 tech and +2600 wealth (catapulting you way over the threshold). The tea are worth (41, 53, 53, 65, 65, 65, 65, 53, 53, 41) awe, so you actually only need the borders to reach out 9 tiles from the village. And it only uses one of the two sides of the village - although you'll want to be sure the right side is also mountainous, so the borders do expand to the left regularly.

You shouldn't even need to complete any level-4 projects to do this. That said, you might decide to complete the level-4 project in the village you're aiming for the achievements in, so you can fill the right side with pandas for danger to keep greed under control when you make that coal and suddenly have a 5000-point surplus.

As far as mass production... lots of ways of doing it. A common simple one:
12 ocean - 4 land - 12 ocean - 4 land - ....
Then you hurry along to hunt aspect, and fill the ocean with mackerel. You slap hunt aspects down on the mackerel as needed to keep danger within the right range to prevent greed.

That's certainly not the only one that will work. I would not that with 6 villages, spacing is a little tight so you probably want to use mountains and/or oceans to control where exactly villages can be settled.

Note that there is a patch pending which is going to be nerfing both coal and mackerel, and these approaches will need revising after that.

Adriaan

Post by Adriaan » Tue May 28, 2013 12:23 pm

Some good plant+ mines combos:

- Hemp and phosphorus
- pear trees can get you really far
- Cherry trees and gold
- plum trees with onyx
- nightshades, onyx and foxglove
- and late game, Cardon Cactus and Ruby
- more! but enough combos from me ;)

Baldri

Post by Baldri » Tue May 28, 2013 12:33 pm

Thank you guys. Ill give it a try.

PaasDieJonko

Post by PaasDieJonko » Tue May 28, 2013 5:02 pm

Damn.. +2600/+2600 for just 1 coal?!.. And I was happy with my first 1000 prosperity Swamp village, lol!

smithay

Post by smithay » Tue May 28, 2013 5:41 pm

Some great projects like the factory give a good amount of awe especially precious works. Modern pysics is quite easy, tomatoes and uranium are both good.

Baldri

Post by Baldri » Tue May 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Coal did also the trick :D. Any YEAH! I did it. Now finally somewhat relaxed freeplaymode.

Dak0m

Post by Dak0m » Tue May 28, 2013 7:23 pm

Can you share your achievements.srl file so I can play around in Free Mode? :\

Edit: Never mind, I just transferred only my Achievements.srl file to my laptop and the progress didn't show up. Congratulations none the less with unlocking everything.
Last edited by Dak0m on Tue May 28, 2013 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.