Abbey Games has a new community and forums! Come on over to https://community.abbeygames.com and don't forget to mention your old username! The old forums will remain available, but read-only.

Fertility Boost Questions

Anything Reus-related that doesn't fit the other forums.
Yxklyx

Fertility Boost Questions

Post by Yxklyx » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:55 am

1. Do the two fertility boosts stack?

2. Can the fertility boost increase an Aspect above what it could normally do. For instance, if a Giant can only do Lesser or Potent Aspects, can it be boosted to Greater?

3. Do you have to wait for the fertility boost animation to complete before performing another action or can you just click quickly and all the clicks will be processed in order?

Vulpecula

Re: Fertility Boost Questions

Post by Vulpecula » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:29 am

Yxklyx wrote:1. Do the two fertility boosts stack?
No, I think they overwrite. I haven't tried dropping a lower level boost on top of a higher one, though, so I'm not 100% on that.

2. Can the fertility boost increase an Aspect above what it could normally do. For instance, if a Giant can only do Lesser or Potent Aspects, can it be boosted to Greater?
No.

3. Do you have to wait for the fertility boost animation to complete before performing another action or can you just click quickly and all the clicks will be processed in order?
I'm not sure what your asking. Often, I'll interrupt the Ocean Giant's long Monsoon animation by giving it another order after it has started to shorten the casting time when I need that giant to do something else afterward, and the fertility boost will still apply.

Mahasuchi

Post by Mahasuchi » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:40 pm

Yxklyx wrote:3. Do you have to wait for the fertility boost animation to complete before performing another action or can you just click quickly and all the clicks will be processed in order?
When the forest giant settles, then you can try to aspect the patch immediately and with monsoon, you only need to wait until the rain starts. To be sure, check the patch you want to upgrade to see if the fertility boost icon is there.

Yxklyx

Post by Yxklyx » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:34 pm

Mahasuchi wrote:
Yxklyx wrote:3. Do you have to wait for the fertility boost animation to complete before performing another action or can you just click quickly and all the clicks will be processed in order?
When the forest giant settles, then you can try to aspect the patch immediately and with monsoon, you only need to wait until the rain starts. To be sure, check the patch you want to upgrade to see if the fertility boost icon is there.

I assume that when one giant performs multiple actions that this is not an issue. The issue is when there are multiple giants. Say I want the forest giant to boost a fertility and then have the ocean giant add an aspect - assume they are already both on the same tile. If I click the Fertility Boost first and then immediately click the Ocean giant's Aspect is it guaranteed that the Aspect will benefit from the Boost?